Sign in to follow this  
DaveTO

How do i cut Images?

I'm using the PCUT Creation 630.

i'm making my signs with the provided software Sign Blazer.

I've set up my workspace etc... and i am trying to cut images.  JPG or TIF or Bitmap... but when i click on "cutter" i get an error message that says "this drawing contains bitmap.  only other objects will be cut and the bitmaps will not be cut."  (all objects are JPG) then it goes to the next screen; and there is nothing showing and nothing cuts....

what am i doing wrong?

Please help.

i ran into this same problem the first day i got my cutter, then i came to realization that the image cannot be a .gif .jpeg or .bmp, however, if your images are in these formats, you can still cut them perfectly. i use the website www.vectormagic.com to convert every image i want cut into a vectorized image. download the image as an .EPS file, and once it is in .EPS format you should have no trouble opening it in blazer, and cutting perfect vinyl in no time. generally it makes it easier also if the image is one solid color, i have noticed that black vector images work almost 10% of the time. hope this helps

Guest sciondrgn

InkScape also works well for converting your raster images to vector for cutting

inkscape.org