flambore

Aachen 8000 vinyl

Has anyone worked with this vinyl?  How does it compare to Oracal 651?  My use is for custom rubik's cube-type puzzles.  They will see a lot of wear and tear, so should be pretty durable. 

Any unbiased opinions would be appreciated.

thanks

We just got it in, and it cuts and weeds good, but not sure of the life. Says it is rated 3-4 outdoor, and about 7 indoor. Not quite the quality of Oracal.

Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate your description. 

I got an email from Karl Bowman about samples.  He said I can get a sample for $3.99 a yard.  Is the $10 shipping charge tacked on top of that for a sample? 

thanks,

Frank

yes.

Even for a sample, the $10 shipping charge applies.  It's not worth it.  For that much, I may as well just buy a roll.

Best to get a sample if you are already placing an order for some other things to take adavntage of the flat rate shipping. Even if you order 3 cutters- it is still $9.99, so we have to do the same, even for one small item.

:thumbsup:

I seems a lot thinner than the Oracal 651 and BGS vinyls I have used before.  I tried forces anywhere from 40-70g and it will either not cut enough or it will go all the way through the paper backing too.  I have trouble with the vinyl not sticking to the backing when I am weeding.  It all comes off.  Any recommendations for cutter settings?

Do a search to make sure my memory is correct , but I remember Ken saying 125 grams of pressure & reduce the blades depth . 1/2 of a credit card is what I'm remembering .

I seems a lot thinner than the Oracal 651 and BGS vinyls I have used before.  I tried forces anywhere from 40-70g and it will either not cut enough or it will go all the way through the paper backing too.  I have trouble with the vinyl not sticking to the backing when I am weeding.  It all comes off.  Any recommendations for cutter settings?

Which model of cutter do you have?

I have an MH 721...

Blade depth is key, then downforce for fine tuning. With the blade depth set right, downforce should be around 50-70. Also make sure your carriage is sitting ON the tracks.

I'm interested in buying a number of rolls, but I'd like to know what colors I'm getting.  I have an Oracal color chart, if there's a way to compare the colors offered here in the 8.5" width. 

thanks,

Frank

I think there are comparable colors, but you may want to speak with our Sales department to find out which ones are close to the Oracal color chart.

425-481-3555

Any other feedaback on this?

Im very interested in getting the starter pack just so i have a selection of colors for basic stuff. But only 1 review and its not so good.

I just ordered a bunch of the stuff, so I'll let you know after next Wednesday. :angel:  I'll also post the Oracal color equivalent once I get them.

i just got a pcut and some aechen vinyl, got the 4 color starter pack and a 10yd each of black and white.  haven't stuck anything significant yet except for making 40" riders in the black and putting it on piece of plywood painted with kils. 

I left the board for a couple of days outside covered  and the vinyl is seperating from the board already.  I smoothed it out when applied and rubbed it down reasonbly well.  It is starting to pull away at some spots from the board.  It doesn't seem to be sticking that well.

I know it's not the kils because i've had sign guys cut vinyl for me and i applied it myself with the same setup.  I can't even remove the previous vinyl without pullin up the paint.

I've used the white for a couple of small things.  It isn't opaque, there is some see through. 

Probably will go with a more established brand.  overall i am happy with my pcut and the customer service i got when i had some startup problems.  see my first impression post i'm putting up now.