haumana

What's your hobby?

So besides the addiction to this forum, what else do y'all like to do out there??

Hmm... I like to paddle, although I haven't done so in a while.

I like playing with new IT gadgets, preferably if it's purchased on someone else's dime.

I like to play with my dogs, even though sometimes they don't want to play with me.

I like making and eating popcorn with real butter or Butter Buds ... on the stove, not the nuker version.

I like to travel, but haven't left this rock in over 4-years.

So let's hear is people, share!

Well since I have 6 kids they are pretty much my hobbie......plus their hobbies are my hobby!!!

I love my kids to death!!!

I love Football season.

I love the Chicago Bears,,,,(Ken is starting to like them as well....lol)

Thats about it for myself. although Im a gaget nut I like to see what I can do and what I can make with stuff lying around.

!! GO BEARS !! 3-3 sould be 6-0 !!!

:huh: DOWN

Well as for a hobby

12 years I built and flew Large scale RC aircraft and Helicopter.

For the next 6 years my son raced motocross and my wife and I were involved in that almost every weekend.(that had it's ups and downs)

Now all I get to do is figure what to do on the weekends since my son no longer races for the next few years wile he is bettering his education in digital movie making

post-2264-12986526454359_thumb.jpg

post-2264-12986526467098_thumb.jpg

Hobby?  Do people have the time and money for this anymore?  :-

Besides raising a family, doing this 'part time' I really have no time or money left for hobbies.

Other than being a Pittsburgh STEELERS fan (in Florida), I enjoy leather carving and goldsmith (jewelry making).   Trying to learn airbrushing. 

And, I guess this forum has become a hobby....of some sort.

Regis

I repair computers and play the drums. I also collect wind-up toys and music boxes.Anything with moving parts that doesn't require a battery

I like to Golf and Bike, although the weather is turning so I doubt I will be doing either for a few months. In the winter I downhill ski. We have 4 ski areas within and hour from where I live. I like the new tech gadgets but like Haumana said, I like someone else to pay for them. So far my work has complied quite well.

My Kids have taken most of my time for hobbies but when I get the time or get a babysitter lol

Video games

hunting

working on cars

RC cars

Paintball - dropped that one to exspensive

Wow ... there are sure a lot of RC stuff here. Hey CZ, how difficult was it to learn to control the RC helo? I've always been fascinated by helo's ... Just now realizing that I should've trained to be a helo pilot instead of doing what I do, which is just about everything.

I was thinking about buying an RC, but wondered if I needed to 'practice' with the PC software that my local hobby shop has.

Dirt biking & hare scrambles(getting back into after my shoulder surgery)

PC gaming(COD4)

Looking at getting into "adventure racing" after my shoulder surgery in Jan.

Motorcycles & some racing ( when i get the time & can afford it  :huh: . )

My farm is a full time hobby & a career in work , just VERY bad pay scale . I like to play pool alot , ping pong & batmitten when i get the chance . What i like alot also is verbal jousting in good humor .

what is "hare scrambles"? i have played with rc airplanes, i used to race cars on a 1/8 mile dirt oval, (until i bought a house), i like to build cool things, like art cars. this is "busnik" it was a 1970 vw bus. i cut 48 inches out of the middle. the rocket on the roof has a fog generator in it.

bb

post-2091-12986526498235_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986526513005_thumb.jpg

Hare scramble is a dirt bike race on a single wide track through wooded area, typically 8 to 12 mile loops, and depending on your class, you race for 1 to 2 hours. Along the way, they setup obstacles to overcome to make the race more "interesting". Just getting past someone takes patience and skill, as you could imagine after watching the video...

what is "hare scrambles"? i have played with rc airplanes, i used to race cars on a 1/8 mile dirt oval, (until i bought a house), i like to build cool things, like art cars. this is "busnik" it was a 1970 vw bus. i cut 48 inches out of the middle. the rocket on the roof has a fog generator in it.

bb

BB - that is just way cool!!! I'd so drive around one of those. It looks like one of the kid's pocket cars that runs on rubber band (I do not mean that as an insult). It's just awesome!

FM - that looks like a lot of fun. I'd probably end up hurting myself. Hahahaha.

firemalt that just rocks! i don't ride but if i did i would so do that! what was that guy doing facing the wrong way on the track? was that you riding?

haumana it does wheelys. it will lift the front tires about a foot off the ground and drag the muffler. i flipped it on its side a couple of years ago christmas so it is in the garage waiting for resurrection. it will come back as the short bus. picture school bus yellow with markings like a school bus, but it will say short instead of school. speaking of, does anyone know what the school bus lettering font is? or if there is even a standard for that?

bb

here is a pic right after i cut the center out. this was one of the most fun projects i have ever done.

bb

post-2091-12986526502111_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986526515356_thumb.jpg

FM - that looks like a lot of fun. I'd probably end up hurting myself. Hahahaha.

One time I was chasing down someone a few seconds in front of me, and slammed into a tree going into a turn at about 35 mph. Luckily, thr radiator took 75% of the blow, so I walked away with minor injuries. The two things that sucked worse than wrecking was having to push my bike out of the 8 mile loop, and the fact that it was the first session of the day, and I drove nearly 3 hours to get to that location.

what was that guy doing facing the wrong way on the track? was that you riding?

Those guys were just cruising, not racing and it looks like they were on a multiple direction trail(dangerous). That was not me. During a race, the pace is about twice as fast as those guys were going!

Hey FM wishing you the best with that upcoming surgery.

Hey that's a neat VW!! Nice job.

Oh that's right...we shoot golf...............with a Winchester!  :huh:

thats some wicked art! ;D i wish i could draw like that.

bb