haumana

What's your hobby?

Digging up an old thread.  Maybe some other newbies can post also? :thumbsup:

You wouldn't know looking at me but I enjoy running.  5Ks, 10K, 1/2 marathons, Marathons.  I ran my first full marathon exactly 1 year ago. I'd lost 70lbs.  I was going to run the full again this year (AZ Rock and Roll) but I've had some training issues. (Problems with my feet) So I'm gonna just do the 1/2 next weekend.  I didn't start running until 2 years ago I wouldn't give it up for the world now.

azdecals

post-3629-12986530134056_thumb.jpg

post-3629-12986530145328_thumb.jpg

Congrats on losing 70 lbs AND the marathon. Not easy at all, I ran/walked the Midnight Marathon in Alaska in 97.....def mind over matter those last few miles. Or maybe it's you've lost your mind by then because it's numb :-

Tory , I have to poke fun at this .. it sounds like you are congratulating him on losing the marathon also  :thumbsup: . I know you meant congratulations on doing the marathon :thumbsup:

LOL Rodger I didn't even notice that. I'm not the best w words, sounds good in my head. Sometimes comes out a bit backwards  :thumbsup:

Yes, I was def congratulating him, that is a tough race.....even after all the training.

I'm in the same boat Tory . Dyslexia of bit a have may I  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Rodger

I like to ride/race anything with an engine. From ATV's, snowmobiles, lawn mowers... you name it.

Also into r/c. Have my own forum (www.scalercracer.com)

Just getting into the vinyl stuff, and soon t-shirts.

That's about it.

I'm gonna chime in here.. sorta late, but I'm a noob..

I cast aluminum stuff.  Kinda fun.. kinda dangerous.. exciting.  Learned about CNC and lots of vector graphics...Do a lot of signs, plaques, decoration stuff.  Easy to see why I migrate into signs, and vinyl, eh?

I had a brief stint with alumimum casting, it was fun,  its was disasterous, well that may be a bit dramatic. it was a failed venture. Im sitting here melting aluminum and didnt notice my crucible/tin can :thumbsup: had a big friggin hole melted in it :thumbsup:

guess where it all went?

C'est la vie!

Wayne

Now my hobbies are reduced to

Amateur Radio (really reduced for the moment)

Pinball Machines and Arcade Video games from the 80's and 90's (own and repair)

my vinyl cutters of course...

Wayne

Tory , I have to poke fun at this .. it sounds like you are congratulating him on losing the marathon also  :thumbsup: . I know you meant congratulations on doing the marathon :thumbsup:

No worries I knew what Tory meant. :thumbsup:  There is only one offical "winner" in a marathon the other 7000 people in the race with me "won" just on a different level, they just didn't finish first like the guygal who got the check.  (the guy who won that year finished the whole thing about 20 min after I went passed the 1/2 mark!)

Training was worse than the "race" I did 3 runs over 24 miles leading upto that day.  But yeah anything over 18 miles or so and you are spending the whole time makeing a deal with yourself not to stop.

Not sure who said it, but "If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't, you're right".  That's what distance running boils down to.

azdecals

AZ, thats what I was going to say, "with a marathon, there are no losers". I still remember that bartering in my mind well about mile 22. I was never going to quit, too stubborn, but I think those last few miles were longer than the first few :thumbsup:

It amazed me how fast some could run it. My aunt's step daughter got me involved. She signed up to raise money for the Leukemia Society, then backed out. They have a training schedule to follow and 4500 to raise within like 6 months. It was a great experience and a lesson in mental endurance. I decided to stay an extra week and was climbing a mountain in Seward the following day, albeit a bit sore. That is gorgeous country, a must see! 

Wayne

Pinball machines and arcades are awesome. I can only imagine how much money I've blown 'back in the day' going to all the different game places here. My favorites were always Black Knight pinball, Beer Tap, and Star Wars. Wish I had the money and space to have them now ... but then I would instantly become unproductive  :thumbsup:

I have been in food service nearly all my life.  I've managed restaurants and such.  I started catering almost as a hobby and it has evolved into a good business.  I am planning on a big event this spring cooking for a outdoor trek reinactment of the Mormon trail in Iowa and Nebraska.  It will be two months long. 

I bought a vinyl cutter as a hobby and am doing a lot more things with it than I ever thought I would.

Oh, I also make jerkey too.

Cool site Rob...you should check out my site as well.  www.cfxpaintworks.com

Thanks, your site was one of the first I visited when I first found this forum, gave me lots of inspiration!

I have been in food service nearly all my life.  I've managed restaurants and such.  I started catering almost as a hobby and it has evolved into a good business.  I am planning on a big event this spring cooking for a outdoor trek reinactment of the Mormon trail in Iowa and Nebraska.  It will be two months long. 

I bought a vinyl cutter as a hobby and am doing a lot more things with it than I ever thought I would.

Oh, I also make jerkey too.

That sounds like it's going to be an awesome adventure.

Feel free to comment on homemade jerky! http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,12434.0.html

Wayne

Pinball machines and arcades are awesome. I can only imagine how much money I've blown 'back in the day' going to all the different game places here. My favorites were always Black Knight pinball, Beer Tap, and Star Wars. Wish I had the money and space to have them now ... but then I would instantly become unproductive  :thumbsup:

I hear ya, I have Black Knight, Black Knight 2000, Sorcerer and Dungeons and Dragons pins and a bunch of video games. I work part time at a local arcade restoration place, its a hoot!.

Wayne

lol.. i keep finding all these threads i've never seen!  ok so my hobbies are any kind of dance, especially clogging (have been an instructor for 4 years) fishing, and going to the beach!

PC gaming(COD4)

Oh sweet! I don't often meet someone that plays the game on PC like I do. FM do you play with a team at all or just in the public servers? We should play together sometime I will teach you a thing or two  :huh: ???

Wayne

Pinball machines and arcades are awesome. I can only imagine how much money I've blown 'back in the day' going to all the different game places here. My favorites were always Black Knight pinball, Beer Tap, and Star Wars. Wish I had the money and space to have them now ... but then I would instantly become unproductive  :huh:

I hear ya, I have Black Knight, Black Knight 2000, Sorcerer and Dungeons and Dragons pins and a bunch of video games. I work part time at a local arcade restoration place, its a hoot!.

Wayne

I soooooo want your job!

Hobby : Offroad Racing (super modified class) ..... hence the screen name Buggie Pilot (love to fly that thing)

Do you stop racin' cause ya get old ...... or do you get old because you stop racin'  !   ! :huh:

Wayne

Pinball machines and arcades are awesome. I can only imagine how much money I've blown 'back in the day' going to all the different game places here. My favorites were always Black Knight pinball, Beer Tap, and Star Wars. Wish I had the money and space to have them now ... but then I would instantly become unproductive  :huh:

Wayne

I soooooo want your job!

Its a lot of fun and I use the cutter to help me too, I cut side art for stencils for the older pinball machines sometimes when the boss wants.

You should take a look in your CL and  search for pinball, you may be surprised!!! I got my Black Knight off of CL for $50

Wayne

PC gaming(COD4)

Oh sweet! I don't often meet someone that plays the game on PC like I do. FM do you play with a team at all or just in the public servers? We should play together sometime I will teach you a thing or two  ;D:angel:

well, if i want to game, the pc is my only choice as i don't have a ps3, xbox360, or a wii... i know, i know probably a surprise to most that know me, lol.

i usually get asked atleast once or twice a week to join a squad, but actually playing as an individual... just seems like more freedom. i don't care to answerto anyone in the gaming world. if i want to go off on someone for doing something stupid, i can without "speaking" for a squad because i had their tags on. i have played several other online games which i was a member of squads... too much drama. :lol:

Charlie_b and i meet up in a server every once in a while... until i had my shoulder surgery, i was usually playing atleast 1 hour a day, but now i can't play for atleast another 3 or 4 weeks,my arm is 100% immobilized

PC gaming(COD4)

Oh sweet! I don't often meet someone that plays the game on PC like I do. FM do you play with a team at all or just in the public servers? We should play together sometime I will teach you a thing or two  :):lol:

Can you play COD4 with xbox live ppl too :angel:

Wayne

anyone wants to add me my gamer tag is arcadeforever I have COD4 or 5 or whatever it is but havent really played it, I have been playing Gears of War 2 when Im not playing WoW

Wayne...which is it, cause cod5 is out, and both games are still popular. Do you play on a gaming console or on pc?

if anyone uses xfire, my screen name is mediumsquid.