Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

BOW SEASON

Guest Terry

compound, recurve or long?

Hoyt Xtech .............Compound.

awesome. make sure you post pics of some of your prizes!

this is my bow:

I've never shot anything with it but there are those who would say I caused a lot of pain with it.

That's awesome Terry!

MMMmmmm ... jerky!  :lol::P

Last night I had my very first elk burger. I must say that I liked it a lot more than buffalo (too dry), and beef (not as gamey). I'll definitely be eating more elk burgers. Mmmmmm...

LMAO Terry, I wasn't sure how to take your post.............  :lol:

Little rack or not...still looks like that will feed you quite a few meals!! Nice job.

Glad to see you can get out and have some fun...from all that work, that keeps ya from here!  :-  :P

Guest Terry

Caribou is the best............ Jenny,  :) Got first place last week with the Nitrous grass drag sled.  :) But I had a young kid drive it for me, he couldn't be leave when he hit the NOS button. ;D

NICE!!!  I sure wish I could hunt this year!  :)  I start off bow hunting, go to rifle, then finish up with muzzleloader.  DANG I miss it...

Jay

Spotted a couple of spikes and a 3-point the last afternoon of season, but they were not trophys, so we'll see if they get bigger next year. Caught a monster rainbow trout on Sunday though. Biggest fish I have caught in years.

this is my bow:

I've never shot anything with it but there are those who would say I caused a lot of pain with it.

i sure hope you use it better than jack benny did :thumbsup:

Spotted a couple of spikes and a 3-point the last afternoon of season, but they were not trophys, so we'll see if they get bigger next year. Caught a monster rainbow trout on Sunday though. Biggest fish I have caught in years.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:;D

I lived 18 wonderful months hunting and fishing south of you in/around Klamath Falls, Or.   How about 25" brown (in the lake) and lots of 15"+ rainbow & browns in streams & rivers.   Did get one reasonable blacktail.  But, things have probably changed sine 1967/68 when I was there.   Gulf of Mexico fishing here just doesn't compare to fly or spinning rod fishing in a beautiful clear high mountain stream.   And, I've done a lot of both.

I lived 18 wonderful months hunting and fishing south of you in/around Klamath Falls, Or.   How about 25" brown (in the lake) and lots of 15"+ rainbow & browns in streams & rivers.   Did get one reasonable blacktail.  But, things have probably changed sine 1967/68 when I was there.   Gulf of Mexico fishing here just doesn't compare to fly or spinning rod fishing in a beautiful clear high mountain stream.   And, I've done a lot of both.

Indeed. I wish I would have had more time to fish Toats Coulee- a natural stream coming down out of the mountains with water fresh enough to drink damn near. Catch native browns and rainbows- but we make sure to go barbless, and handle them with care.

The rainbow I caught out on the lake in front of the house was a little over 22"- pushing 1 1/2lbs, which is a nice size for a rainbow. I was up in Okanagon County, WA- near Canada. I caught 2 fish all weekend, the rainbow, and a tiny smallmouth bass, but the trout made it all worth the trip. Caught him on a Rattle Trap near some lily pads. Hoping to make it up in Jan or Feb for some fresh water Ling Cod ice fishing.....

:)

Guest Terry

Indeed. I wish I would have had more time to fish Toats Coulee- a natural stream coming down out of the mountains with water fresh enough to drink damn near. Catch native browns and rainbows- but we make sure to go barbless, and handle them with care.

The rainbow I caught out on the lake in front of the house was a little over 22"- pushing 1 1/2lbs, which is a nice size for a rainbow. I was up in Okanagon County, WA- near Canada. I caught 2 fish all weekend, the rainbow, and a tiny smallmouth bass, but the trout made it all worth the trip. Caught him on a Rattle Trap near some lily pads. Hoping to make it up in Jan or Feb for some fresh water Ling Cod ice fishing.....

Rainbow is the BEST Ken different color meat from the rest of trout, and SMART if they see your shadow........ NO white shirts . How ya been buddy?

Rainbow is the BEST Ken different color meat from the rest of trout, and SMART if they see your shadow........ NO white shirts . How ya been buddy?

Been good, no complaints. Just getting ready for my son's first Halloween where he will get to do some trick or treating.....not sure if the weather will hold up for his BammBamm Rubble outfit though....60% chance of rain tonight. Blah....

Also, my mother is on the way to town from E Wa, so it will be nice to see her as well. She likes to spoil me and her only grandchild. Good times!

How about yourself? First place with the drag sled you decorated with vinyl? That thing looked sweet....and you got Nitrus on the puppy? Man that would be a rush.