veddderman123

Peeling up design as it cuts?

I got my new pcut today and its making me feel like a noob.  The cuts seem ok a little jagged here and there but over all not horrible.  But for some reason as its cutting it peels up the design.  What could be wrong?  I'm using oracle 651 and I had no problem with my last refine cutter.  please help.

another helping hand would be whats everyones setting set at?

Pressure, speed?  Also does the blade depth of a credit card apply to the pcut?

usually this happens when the blade is out too far. It should be HALF the thickness of a credit card.

I got my new pcut today and its making me feel like a noob.  The cuts seem ok a little jagged here and there but over all not horrible.  But for some reason as its cutting it peels up the design.  What could be wrong?  I'm using oracle 651 and I had no problem with my last refine cutter.  please help.

another helping hand would be whats everyones setting set at?

Pressure, speed?  Also does the blade depth of a credit card apply to the pcut?

i have the p cut, my settings for sign vinyl is pressure 100-110 speed 40-50

yes the blade depth apply to pcut too. my offset is 0

I set the depth of the blade to half a credit card and I'm still having trouble.

my pressure is set to 110 and speed 40.  At this point I still can not get a good cut. :huh:  I kind of like my old refine better.  It seemed to be more user friendly. lol

But I'm not giving up on this pcut I have faith she can do the job if I get it set up right.

If anyone can lend me some set up advice I'd appriciate it.

Set the speed to 60, the pressure to 130, and retract some more blade in the blade holder if it cuts too deep at 130.

look at the blade too...it could be that a tiny bit of vinyl is stuck to the blade. I had that happen a month or so ago.

surprisingly speeding it up helped a bit.  Some corners still get pulled up but it's an improvement.  I'll mess with the upping the presure to 130 and retracting the blade here in a little bit and we'll see how that goes.

surprisingly speeding it up helped a bit.  Some corners still get pulled up but it's an improvement.  I'll mess with the upping the presure to 130 and retracting the blade here in a little bit and we'll see how that goes.

And as John suggested, make sure no adhesive of vinyl is built up on the tip of the blade.....little rubbing alcohol should get any goo off.

I'm sad to report I still can't get this cutter working right.....  I've made the adjustments you guys suggested as well as cleaned my blade.  But It's still pelling up the vinyl.  I had to plug in the old cutter to get some of my jobs done.  I'd really like to get this thing set up.  Any more suggestions???

Thanks for all the help up to this point.

Here is a pic.  I know its not the designs fault because I left the exact same file open in S.B. then swapped out the cutters and my other small cutter (refine) cuts it perfectly.  This pic is what I get from the pcut.

post-2368-12986526652005_thumb.jpg

post-2368-12986526669226_thumb.jpg

one more update:

So far I've adjusted the blade all the way in until it wasn't even cutting through the vinyl.  Then very very slowly I extended the blade.  Not even an eighth of a turn at a time. until it was cutting the vinyl and not peeling up the design.  very small window between being able to make the cut and peeling the design up.

Then I had to up the pressure to 145 to help the cut get some depth.  If I up the pressure to 150 it starts peeling the design.  If I lower it to 140 it doesn't seem to complete the cuts nor get a deep enough cut to make weeding less of a hassle.

and then my speed is on 60.

Over all it's cutting.  Not 100% to my expectations.  It still peels the designs here and there but at least it isn't as bad as before.  I'm still looking for suggestions or help of any kind to fine tune this machine in.

I have a pcut ( bought last november) I followed everyones instructions on this forum for setup. I dont know if they have changed models since I got mine but heres what I have mine set at: Speed ( I use 40 - 70, depending on how fine the lines are) Pressure ( On oracal 651 Im using 90 , on heat transfer vinyl for shirts I use 105 ) My off set is at .25 . Everything has been working great for me at theese settings. I did have some trouble when using Arlon vinyl with these settings, it seemed to be too thin,& would either cut through the backing or peel the design off.

Additional note:  My pcut has two holes in the carrier for the blade. I am using the rear one to cut with, I have read the front one is for using the pen as a drawing plotter . I insert my blade holder all the way to the bottom of the back hole And be sure the bottom tightening screw for the blade  is tight. My blade holder is magnetic so I dont understand the need to set it at 1/2 the depth of a credit card.

Here is a pic.  I know its not the designs fault because I left the exact same file open in S.B. then swapped out the cutters and my other small cutter (refine) cuts it perfectly.  This pic is what I get from the pcut.

Looks like it is still cutting way too deep.

Looks like it is still cutting way too deep.

If I take the blade in just a hair then it doesn't cut at all....  I'm talking not even a 16th of a turn.

It's literally just about all the way in.

EUREEEKA!!!!!!!!!!  :P :P :lol:

I think I have it solved!  I simply changed the blade...  lol thats it. 

The blades that came with the machine looked different than my roland 450-1500 I was using with the refine cutter.  I popped in the roland blade and left the settings where it was and BAM it works nice!

I'm going to crank out the jobs I have piled up and we'll see how she does.  But I have high hopes now.  Thanks again everyone for the help and insight.

Suggestion to USCUTTER would be send out roland blades with the cutters.  When I bought the refine uscutter sent me the roland blades.  When I bought the pcut they sent me what appears to be "generic" no name blades.  It seems all my fustration was over the blades not the settings of the machine.

I use generic (roland compatable) blades all the time with no problems. I usually get 2 or 3 months between changes, and I cut a LOT of vinyl.

EUREEEKA!!!!!!!!!!   :lol::P:lol:

I think I have it solved!  I simply changed the blade...  lol thats it. 

The blades that came with the machine looked different than my roland 450-1500 I was using with the refine cutter.  I popped in the roland blade and left the settings where it was and BAM it works nice!

I'm going to crank out the jobs I have piled up and we'll see how she does.  But I have high hopes now.  Thanks again everyone for the help and insight.

Suggestion to USCUTTER would be send out roland blades with the cutters.  When I bought the refine uscutter sent me the roland blades.  When I bought the pcut they sent me what appears to be "generic" no name blades.  It seems all my fustration was over the blades not the settings of the machine.

:rolleyes:

I thought we did include Roland compatible blades with our cutters, but maybe the Chinese forgot to swap the Creation blades out for the Rolands.....not sure.