Sign in to follow this  
jhocksrule

P-cut 24 making noise

My pcut 24 makes alot of noise while I'm cutting. Really sounds like it is moaning and groaning. Anybody else have this problem, and if so what do you suggest to fix it. Pressure? Speed?  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Is it cutting fine? Typically the cutters that use steppers motors are louder than a name brand cutter that uses servo motors......

Just remember- the noise you hear, is the sound of money.

:thumbsup:

Yes, it's cutting just fine. Just wondered if that was normal. Do you have any suggestions for reducing the tracking of the vinyl as I cut longer pieces. Any suggestions for lining up the vinyl before I start cutting? Thanks for the help.

Mine is noisier the slower speed i cut. I always run a couple feet through and watch the tracking against the rollers on the outer edge and adjust as necessary. hope that helps

This may be a silly question, but how do you run the vinyl through beforehand. Just pulling it through by hand really doesn't seem very accurate. Also, the reply about the number of nodes in a design really makes alot of sense. As always, thank you for any and all help.

Hit the online button to get it offline then the up and down arrows will feed the vinyl through

This forum is great.

I was also worried about all the noise my new Pcut makes thinking it might die soon and I just bought it :huh:.

Now I know its normal. :huh: