Sign in to follow this  
signs20

HTML website help

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to make HTML scripts...like the vinyl lettering font design tool.  I want to add one to my website for customers to sample the type of font (preview) before ordering.  Im not sure what the technical name is...but if anyone knows what im talking about..help, would be greatly apprieciated. 

thanks,

Jenn

Find a website that has that,copy the source code.

Stealing code isn't good advice.

Perhaps contact someone that uses something similar to what you want and see where it can be purchased legally or if it's free to use.

thanks...I do want to purchase it legally but im not sure what its even called...

If you copy the source code,you will see what it is and know what to look for. Every application out there usually has a free open source version. What you are wanting is such a narrow category, I doubt there is one though. But if you copy the sourec code,at least you will know what to look for and where.

I had a look at one of the web sites that uses that. The code is HUGE....it would take me all day maybe longer just to code a very simple one..because you need a different script for every single font that you offer.

I couldn't find one for free that you could just imbed in your website. Most sites just have a jpg of what fonts they offer.

Myself, I just tell people I can use any font that they have in Windows and if the need a specific font, I try to find it. I have over 50,000 fonts right now. If they have a font that I don't have, I instruct them on how to send it to me. I also offer to send a proof of what they want.

The font viewer that Jenny posted is for viewing fonts that a person has on their computer. Good thing to have but not what you want.

Thanks John, I just wasn't sure................I agree..I have quite a few fonts and haven't come across any I haven't had, but ONE, which I was given some help with.

Great suggestion John.

yes I did find that font viewer earlier I downloaded it..it is a good thing to have on your desktop to view all the fonts you have when designing..I make a lot of custom wood signs and I use the vinyl as a stencil when i paint, the font designer script would be a great help on my site..I wrote a bunch of sites that had that script on there page but have heard nothing back yet...I'll keep digging for more info...

Thanks for all your help!!!

Jenn

hope you hear back from them.Did you just use the 'contact us' or contact the webmaster? Sometimes you get better results from the webmaster. They love bragging about what they do. The ones I saw weren't imbedded apps...they were all coded. I don't think it's goping to be cheap either way.