Sign in to follow this  
OZZIEIMAC

PCUT 24 - VINYL OVER FEEDS AND ENDS UP ON THE FLOOR

Hello All,

Thanks for all the feed back on recommending the stand for the PCUT 24 INCH.I have now got the machine up and running wth the flexi apprentice software.So far so good !

Now i have another question which i could'nt find on the forum any directions or answers would be great.

When my PCUT is cutting ,as it feeds the Vinyl back and forwards, the roll of Vinyl unwinds onto the ground creating a heap of vinyl piled at the bottom of the of cutter stand .Is this common? i have one chrome roller that the vinyl feeds off.Is the tension on the rolling pin to lose ,thus allowing the vinyl to unroll and spin off to quickly as it feeds back and forward ?? :huh:

Appreciate your thoughts,

Pj 

maybe you have the size of the vinyl set wrong in the program I know that I did it before. Say I had it set to 20 inches wide but my design was 22 inches wdie and 4 feet long the cutter then would move the vinyl up/out to make the cut that wouldnt fit on the 20"'s that I said it was. does that make sense somewhere you have something up there telling the machine to cut it that far in.

maybe good luckl

Joe,

The vinyl is unrolling behind the machine as the cutter is pulling the vinyl in and out , i thought the spindle that holds the vinyl was way to sensitive or lose but there is no way of tightening the tension on the vinyl spindle.

Keep in mind Joe i am still a newbie and still trying to understand  ???how the software works properly. So you are saying you have to tell the software how much vinyl to use?? I know through the design software that you adjust the size of your font or logo as you feel and i can do this.I am using flexi sign 7.5 not sure if you have used this software where this option would be.

wow behind the machine, thats weird, maybe a ghost? I dont know, but I have flexi and when yo hit cut and the box comes up on the top left there is a box that ask size of vinyl width and length. I usually keep mine at 24" x 100 ft. and when you do say a 30" wide vinyl then you would change.

Guest sciondrgn

I place my vinyl rolls on top of the two bars, Not putting the bar through the rollers, Then using the two caps to keep it from moving side to side

Hi guys,

I'm using the original P-CUT stand,it has a chrome spindle that holds the vinyl.I noticed this spindle is very sensitive and as soon as you put a roll of vinyl it allows the roll to unwind like a coil. Also as the vinyl is pulled back and forward through the machine it unrolls due to the sensitivity of the spindle. Not sure if there is an easy answer to this.

Also when I am cutting things longer than say 5ft I usually move the cutter to a wide open area and support/guide the vinyl while it cuts so it stays of the floor and kink free.

A couple other things for long cuts:

Do not use weed all. It will unroll the entire length of the job as it cuts around.

In the Cutter Setup, set cutter movement to "Best Tracking" that way it will just roll out the vinyl mostly in one direction reducing vinyl movement.