Sign in to follow this  
EHovind

Fans shutting off on PCUT

I've just noticed a new problem which appeared with my PCUT 36".

Randomly, the fans have been shutting off for a half second or so, then kicking back on. It did this probably 5 times in 30 seconds a little while ago. What could be causing this? It has never done it before.

Thanks

Also, I was just doing a decent sized job, and got an unrecoverable error in SignBlazer. When I turned the plotter back on, I got something like """""S""""""%2""""" on the display. I turned it off and back on, and it started up fine, but after a short while the fan shut off, and has not come back on yet.

Also, I was just doing a decent sized job, and got an unrecoverable error in SignBlazer. When I turned the plotter back on, I got something like """""S""""""%2""""" on the display. I turned it off and back on, and it started up fine, but after a short while the fan shut off, and has not come back on yet.

Cutting the same exact thing, it crashed again in the same exact spot. Not sure if that would be a software error or hardware error.

Possible loose wire for the fan to the power supply...or maybe a hardware issue with the power supply or motherboard. Have you tried another file in case the one you were cutting when it crashed is corrupt?

Possible loose wire for the fan to the power supply...or maybe a hardware issue with the power supply or motherboard. Have you tried another file in case the one you were cutting when it crashed is corrupt?

I did get it to finally cut with no issues, but I am still having the fan issue.

So, currently, the 2 issues that my machine has are the fan issue and an issue with the LCD screen dimming severely sometimes.

Ken,

The plotter has now stopped working completely. When I turn it on, nothing comes on the display, and no sounds come from the plotter at all.

Have you opened it up and had a look at it? That lose wire ken mentioned could have come completely off.

Worth a shot...

But it could be that the power suplly was dying and finally did.

I'm not sure if I feel comfortable opening it up, but I might give it a shot... I just don't want to mess it up any worse than it already is.

I'm not sure if I feel comfortable opening it up, but I might give it a shot... I just don't want to mess it up any worse than it already is.

Opening it up and having a look is usually what Ken says to do. Sending it back and doing without it for a week or more (to say nothing of the shipping cost) would be an expensive and time-consuming fix if all that was needed was to push a connection down tight.

Unless today is a a holiday at US Cutter, Ken should be on shortly.

What is a Holiday?  :huh:

I responded to your support ticket as well. Sounds like a power supply issue to me, which might explain why the fans were going in and out. could be as simple as a loose wire though....so if you want to open the bottom of the unit to investigate, it is fairly simple to do.