Sign in to follow this  
morganic

"Waiting" message after cutting, on Mac OSX with SignCut X2

I recently installed the recommended upgrade and now, although the cutter still works fine, when it finishes the "waiting" message won't go away and pushing the buttons on the cutter does nothing. I have to push one of the red buttons on either side to reset the machine. I'm using small AI files (12 inches x 2 inches) and have never had any problem until I did the upgrade. The buttons in the software work (testfeed, test cut, etc.) but I can't get the "waiting" message to go away.

Serial connection is NOT an option, and I'm sure that's not the problem anyway. The manufacturer in Sweden is totally unresponsive. Any ideas?

Thanks, that seems to work ok, but I didn't used to have to do that. I'd reinstall the old version but they limit the number of times you can "transfer" the software so I'm hesitant to try that.

I'll be very glad when there's an alternative to SignCut X2. Although it works pretty well I don't like their aggressive and paranoid copy-protection scheme.

they are quite protective of it for something that isn't a program that would be stolen a lot. 1. it is for Mac. 2. if you have a cutter, you most likely have software already.

Hit reset button when its cutting, it should go back online then......