Sign in to follow this  
wilsedoggy

Brand new PCUT and I'm strugglin'

hello,

i am extremely new to this, as this is day 1 with my new pcut. I just bought it, brand new off ebay. I have been messing around for almost 2 hours now, I cant even get the software, let alone the blades installed. Both the CD and what appears to be the warranty information are written in Chinese. The manual IS written in English, but its pictures and descriptions are horrible, at best. Did you folks receive a CD with the Signblazer software on it separately? The CD i received was only two folders, USB Driver and Vinyl Cutter ver4.13, and there is just a mess of files in each of them. I tried the setup files, and it installed some very odd program called pltDraw, which was also heavily bombarded with foreign characters. This is the only program I have found so far, no Signblazer, no comfirmation that I even have a connection with my cutter, which is hooked up via USB currently. I am stressin' hard right now, I just wanted to start cutting vinyls for my clothing business, but I am coming up short, way short. Should I call USCutter and ask for some English software, or something? I am so confused, any and all help will be much appreciated. Thanks for reading

First off, welcome!  :o

Try this:  Unplug the USB cable from your computer.  Reboot it.  Put the blue CD in your drive, turn on the cutter, then plug in your USB cable (make sure it's also connected to the cutter).  When it ask's for drivers, just have it search the entire CD and it should find the driver.  Then go to "Device Manager" and make sure all of the settings are right.

Then, go here:

SignBlazer

and download signblazer.  It's the same versions that usually comes with a cutter.  I hope this helps!

Jay

OK, thanks alot Jay, i was able to get everything installed, I am using the trial version of SB now. I imported my logo as an EPS file, when I try to change the size it gives me what looks like the outer lines of my logo, but once i move that out of the way/delete it i can resize the all black part of my logo to whatever size i want, is this normal? or should i not mess with that? I duplicated the logo a couple times, made it fit to my vinyl as best i could, then I clicked the cutter icon, then checked everything and clicked the CUT icon, and now my PCUT displays the words waiting, but it has been waiting for almost 30 minutes now. I assume something is not right. Jay, or anyone else, can you help me out again!! thanks

i am new to this also so this may not be of any help.. make sure your cutter head is not on the red buttons on each side and check your comm settings to make sure your computer and cutter are responding to each other!

Make sure your "flow control" is set to HARDWARE in both your usb port, and in SignBlazer.  Check the other settings as well, and make sure they're the same.

Did you get it sorted wilsedoggy?

If your still having the "waiting" issue, check the LCD and be sure it says "online" . If not just cancel the cut, push the online button and cut. 

I think we have all hit cut without the cutter being online  :lol:

:thumbsup:

yeah guys, i got it cutting. thanks alot for the help. at times the cutter will stop in the middle of a job or randomly start cutting straight lines across, through, or around the image, but it usually corrects itself after pushing reset and starting the job over. probably just getting used to it still. any specific settings for things like offset, cutting speed or other junk? i cut mostly smaller decals and stylized fonts. thanks friends

You might want to make sure your offset is set to .25 and not anything else.  I accidentally set mine to 25 and it did that cutting through and around and all that junk...

Guest sciondrgn

yeah guys, i got it cutting. thanks alot for the help. at times the cutter will stop in the middle of a job or randomly start cutting straight lines across, through, or around the image, but it usually corrects itself after pushing reset and starting the job over. probably just getting used to it still. any specific settings for things like offset, cutting speed or other junk? i cut mostly smaller decals and stylized fonts. thanks friends

One thing i've learned on the pcut which helps if your doing lots of different jobs is to reset the machine but the little button on top. I think it helps clear any buffered memory.. Mine stop in the middle of the cut and wait for a bit before continuing on multiple runs but reseting every now and then helps!

With the pressure and settings its really Dependant on your machine.

My Cut likes 80-90 pressure where alot of people say 120. Its going to have alot to do with your material its trying to cut.