Easton21

Line of Death Fix!!!

Hey everyone, if anyone's been dealing with the dreaded "line of death" when making large or intricate designs, I found a workaround and made a quick tutorial.  It involves breaking up the design into tiles and cutting them separately, but automatically aligning the blade for the next one after each is cut.  Hope they let me post a link...  Here it is:

http://www.lukewarmfusion.com/cutter

All comments are welcome.  Post one if it worked.  Hopefully this solved the frustrations and wasted vinyl!

Are you sure this "line of death" isn't from the static electricity that builds up over long cuts?  I had this problem and grounding the unit to the stand solved all of my problems.  Never had it happen again after that.

Are you sure this "line of death" isn't from the static electricity that builds up over long cuts?  I had this problem and grounding the unit to the stand solved all of my problems.  Never had it happen again after that.

Yes, very well could be related to static as well.

Anyone still having trouble with the line of death we have changed the way Signcut sends the information to the import machines. Basically we have dumbed down the information so the plotters can better handle the information. We have done this in our new version Productivity Pro. It is not in full release but any of you that would like to try is may do so by going to http://www.signcutpro.com/trial.html register for and receive a new license number good for the new version. Once you have installed it if it works for you drop us a email at support@sc-x2.com with your old and new license numbers and we will transfer your subscription period over to the new version.

• Like 1

Anyone still having trouble with the line of death we have changed the way Signcut sends the information to the import machines. Basically we have dumbed down the information so the plotters can better handle the information. We have done this in our new version Productivity Pro. It is not in full release but any of you that would like to try is may do so by going to http://www.signcutpro.com/trial.html register for and receive a new license number good for the new version. Once you have installed it if it works for you drop us a email at support@sc-x2.com with your old and new license numbers and we will transfer your subscription period over to the new version.

:thumbsup::P :P

if anyone's been dealing with the dreaded "line of death" when making large or intricate designs,

;D

Am using older Mac G450 with a NEC usb card & the PCUT630 USB  & FlexiCut8 Starter

start cutting a simple sign, 4 lines of text. Cuts one word, cuts second word, cuts two letters and as starts cutting "O" cuts straight down the vinyl "line of death" had to hit emergency stop.

Before I started this cut, I test cut one word, then test cut another word, I have already set the Production Manager to Packet size to 1000 and medium curve quality. & have pen in second slot & rechecked all graphics, plus the double pre-test, 

Apparently the GLITCH is Not restricted to large or intricate designs.

What is really confusing & frustrating is that many folks are just cutting along with no problems, while some of us have to deal with "these" problems.  It has to be some detail in the equipment/software set-up.  I have this G450 set up exclusively for cutting, just the basic OSX 4.11 install and FlexiStarter, I transfer files for cut by Zip disk. the Pcut is connected by USB cable (high quality) to the USB2 on the Mac. I added several USB drivers, including Keyspan, but nothing else. I must presume that it is a Flexi issue, OR just TOO technical of a USB issue for me to grasp.

If anyone from SAI or USCutter could shed light on this issue, I for one would be seriously grateful.  ;D

Update: the cutter would not come back on line, until I sent a cut command from Flexi, then it cut and was back to normal.

That doesn't explain the errant cut line, the help desk said change the OFFSET setting to .025, it was at .020 //  they say to keep PACKET size as small as possible, other users say make it 1000,  

Maybe it is time to get the Keyspan hardware,  if there is any tiny miscommunication in USB its big.

I will be cutting one word at a time (to save on wasted vinyl) The biggest problem is that every system is just slightly different and thereby requires different amounts of adjustment.  

DID get the Keyspan: And as Kimon said in another post, it is not the through put aka usb2 vrs usb1, but the "clean data" required by Mac pc system, that msdos pc systems can tolerate. 

However, still have that miscue cutting problem -- using Flexi8 starter -- cant be static, its only a 12"x12" 3 lines of copy 2" letters,  I am beginning to think it is flexi.  The adding Keyspan DID help ALOT but did not stop the cut from stopping halfway through and cutting a line straight 45 or 90 degrees in any direction.

Sigh  :-

I dont believe this is an issue with Flexi, (If i have the 'line of death' correct)

I was trying to do some cutting for my sister over the weekend and half way through the cut cutter went south and cut a 4' line straight down the vinyl, this was using SB on a 4x4" image....

How did you ground it to the stand?

How did you ground it to the stand?

Grounding can be done by running a copper wire/speaker wire from a screw on the base of the cutter to a point on the stand. Contact points should be metal on metal, which might require you to scrape away some paint.

• Like 1