Sign in to follow this  
thunderdave06

how & where do i get a 4gb upgrade ?

I did not get an upgrade yet.And it is a 4 megabyte.Marcel has sent the request for the 4 meg upgrade to the factory,but it has not arrived yet.Marcel said it would not be hard to install.I will post a message when I get it on the installation.

Hello, we did order the memory upgrade from the manufacturer but still have not received it. I'm not sure why it is taking so long. We have only had a couple people ask about this so we planned to do this as a sort of test to make sure the upgrade actually works, and if so see how easy it is to get these upgrades and offer them for sale. Apparently getting them is not as easy as we hoped, but it could be that no one has ordered these before? In any case I'll update once we find out something.

can u explain the purpose of an upgrade, like how would one benefit from an upgrade.  also, am i limited with what is currently on the machine?  as you may guess, i am new to this.

I have done fairly large cuts.And plots that run over an hour and a half.I have had no problem with the one meg of memory in the cutter.I want the 4 meg upgrade as a buffer to insure I don't have any problems with the larger jobs.If you use the holographic films for a large job,and the cutter reads a write port error,your only option is to restart the job.Although I have not had that problem,I want to never have that problem.I can't tell you if there is a benefit to it beccause I have not recieved the memory yet.And as far as I know noone has done a 4 meg upgrade.I will post as soon as I get it to let everyone know if it helps and how easy or hard it is to install.