SiboleGraphix

My Sister is Doing Great!

My sister had her surgery yesterday. She went in at 10 and came out at about 3:30. They said she did great. They got most of the tumor, but what was left should die as it has no blood supply now. She didn't bleed alot which is really good, but they are still giving her blood as maintenance. They did dissolvable stitches and then glue to seal the wound and didn't have to shave her hair off.

She came out, woke up, and said she was thirsty! She was talking and laughing and sucking down ice water! She was kinda sleepy still, and her face is pretty swollen. And she has a central line in her neck which is driving her crazy. She had a little bit of a headache last night, but they gave her pain meds.

I called her today and she's sitting up, talking like normal and said she has no pain, unless she touches where they cut her. She said she's still kinda swollen, but she felt really good, so they would try to transfer out of ICU today! It's amazing to think she just had brain surgery! But they said she is doing great and should be home by the weekend! So we're really happy.

Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts, it must have helped!

Amber

WooHoo!!!

I'm soooo happy to hear thing went smoothly. I know how stressed and concerned you are for your sister. I bet she's relieved to know that they didn't shave her bald  B)

It's good that she'll move out of ICU soon ... then you can bring her tasty things to eat. When I had various family members in the hospital for one reason or another, we used to order delivery pizza all the time.

Maybe take up a board game to play to pass the time, some magazines, portable DVD player if anyone has one, etc. Get her book on origami and some origami paper ... that can keep anyone busy for hours  :lol:

Amber that is great news! I'm sure it is a great relief for the whole family to be on the recovery side of things. I wish her a speedy recovery. I've been thinking and wondering how everything went yesterday, thanks for the update.

Woohoo!!! Amber I am so gald to read this!!! Awesome news, thanx for sharing!

I hope she recovers quickly and you all go back to normal soon!

Joe

Amber, what a huge weight off all of you and your forum family, knowing all went well and your sister is doing good.!!

Thanks for the updates girl.

Jenny

good news amber.glad all is well, and hope your sister has a speedy recovery.

best wishes  duke.

Pah-Teh at Amber's house?  No alcoholic drinks please because we both don't drink.  Who's comin' over to CEL-A BRATE?? 

That is great news Amber...all those good thoughts made it through your sister loud and clear!

Charlie

Thank you to everyone! I would have you all over for a party too, if ya'll didn't live so far away!

I called the hospital today to talk to my sister, and they said she is going home today!  :lol: I was so surprised! Just 2 days after brain surgery! But they said she is doing great, not much pain, no blood loss, no swelling or seizures, so she can go home, but she has to take it very easy. They gave her pain meds called Norco I think, not sure, but she said they work great. She's already chowing down on burgers and laughing.

To think a week ago I thought I would lose my sister, and now today she is doing great and on her way home! Doctors really can do amazing things these days!

Thank you all for all the support!

Amber

She needs to be very careful and watch for ANY signs of an infections. Infections are the leading cause of post-surgical complications. I speak from a multitude of experience here.

A sure sign of an infection is a fever...even a slight fever.

I'm sure she will be ok as long as she watches herself.

Thanks John. She and I have both had post surgical infections before, so I hope she recognize the signs. The main worry is her not resting enough. She is always up and doing things, so we may struggle to keep her rested! Hopefully, she takes it easy as she is supposed to!

Amber, WOW girl what a huge relief and already on her way home?? Simply amazing.  I'm glad to hear she is doing so well already.  I agree with John, I hope she doesn't get any post surgery infections and she takes the time to REST...my goodness, she deserves to sit back and relax and realize just how fortunate she is.

I'm not surprised she's doing so well, she sure had plenty of well wishes and prayers heading her way!

(hugs)

Jenny

Thanks John. She and I have both had post surgical infections before, so I hope she recognize the signs. The main worry is her not resting enough. She is always up and doing things, so we may struggle to keep her rested! Hopefully, she takes it easy as she is supposed to!

tip: Cotton rope is less likely to leave skin burns,and is harder to untie the knots.

Tie her to the bed if you have to. An infection in that particular area can be VERY serious.

tip: Cotton rope is less likely to leave skin burns,and is harder to untie the knots.

Tie her to the bed if you have to. An infection in that particular area can be VERY serious.

ditto.gif

Else she might try to escape to smoke a stick, ya' know?

Haha, I told her boyfriend we have handcuffs if he needs them. He said he may just have to borrow them.

Haha, I told her boyfriend we have handcuffs if he needs them. He said he may just have to borrow them.

Mature section please...

LOL, j/k

Im soooo glad that she is doing so well!

Handcuffs,eh? Are they the fur-lined kind, the leather with studs,or just plain???