Sign in to follow this  
snlsd

Cutting too fast?

Initially I was having problems with my PCUt where the letters wouldn't completely close.  I set the pressure at 120 like Ken suggested.  I also made sure the offset was at 0.25.  I am cutting 1 inch letters and the corners are getting messed up.  It almost looks like the blade is catching and lifting up the edge of the letter.  I have the blade set so that it is barely sticking out. (also as suggested by Ken).  I'm wondering if I am cutting too fast or maybe something else is not right.  I'm cutting at 50 speed.  Any suggestions!

Perhaps after all of your cutting, you have some adhesive built up on the end of the blade. Maybe try cleaning it with a little rubbing alcohol. If this does not help- try a speed of 60 on the cutter itself.

Perhaps after all of your cutting, you have some adhesive built up on the end of the blade. Maybe try cleaning it with a little rubbing alcohol. If this does not help- try a speed of 60 on the cutter itself.

good idea! That has happened to me TWICE in the past week. New vinyl,lots of adhesive.

So, faster is better?  I was at 50.  Seems like slower would give the blade time to raise before it moves over.