CATWOM1960

looking for Stick People

would anyone know where I can go to get stick people clipart I have looked every where and am going crazy

Thanks

Bonnie

their is a link to a website in "life is good"            you have to vectorize them tho.                :USA: Starla  :USA:

Thanks Starla

for the link but where do I go to buy the graphics for download ?

what I read is that they sell the vinyl people already cut but I could be wrong

Bonnie

The idea is that you would copy and paste the images.  :huh:

I put that link on the other thread, but I didn't have a program to work with it at the time. Now that I have my coreldraw installed I've tried to trace the images and they aren't working well. Has anyone else tried to do the same and had better luck? Maybe there is someone who has found stick people somewhere else that we could buy and use? I have no problem buying images, I just can't seem to find what we are looking for. Even better is there any of you talented and wonderful computer artists that could draw us some??? I mean they are stick people...why is this so difficult??

I know what you mean I found a business here local that has some family graphic and others he burned them on a disk for me for free but when I brought it home for some reason I can't open them anywhere but in signcut and they are all one file I will post them and maybe someone can pick them apart and put in seprate eps files he made it a eps file but not sure why it won't work

if anyone can help that would be great

Thanks Bonnie

all files.eps

all files.eps

I can seperate them, but what format would you like them in

ai or eps?

the reason im asking is because You stated that you cant open the eps files in anything other then signcut?

These files really stump me...

Your files I can open in SignCut... I can open them in Illustrator... I can open them in Fliexi...

However, I cannot open them in InkScape?

I export the files in a diffrent format like AI... Still, cannot open in InkScape...

No format that Flexi has provided me or WinPCSign has provided me allows these files to be opened in InkScape...

However, Saving as a SVG file in Adobe Illustrator allowed me to open in InkScape...

Now, Saving it as an EPS file so that SignCut can open it is near impossible as when I open the file in InkScape, It doesnt allow me to edit to the EPS format that SignCut can read...

So yeah, my computer is kind of laggin, as I had all these memory intesive programs running all at the same time, WinPCSign, Flexi, Adobe Illustrator, InkScape, SignCut, SignBlazer Elements.

Well, I suppose that I could go ahead and rasterize each and every image, then re-vectorize it to a format that all these programs can read... But that Is pretty time consuming... If I have some free time later in the week I might just do it.

Sorry I couldnt of been further assistance to you

I have Inkscape for my cutter images and yes I too can't open this in Inkscape but can in signcut X2 don't know why I did a copy and paste with the graphic link that Starla posted and I can put them into Inkscape and save them as eps files but they won't open up in signcut I think I must be doing something wronk as I don't know inkscape prog. very well new at this I try to put a head on and a body on and save them together and all I get is the head in signcut go fugire

Bonnie

I may not understand what the problem is, but I was able to open the file in Inkscape, select the "Mom" stick person, copy it onto a new document, save it as an .eps and then open it in SignCut. I didn't actually cut it out, but it opened just fine and looked "normal." I will attach it here!

Maybe that wasn't what your problem was?

ladytest.eps

ladytest.eps

Hi Hobbymom I tried to oppen the file that he made me  in Inkscape and can't it askes for all files or all Images I try all Files and an error comes up so I try to open all Images and can't see anything.

the file that you posted I can see I don't know what is going on but Im new at this stuff

Thanks for the mom Stick figure fix

Bonnie :huh:

Let me know if you want me to save all as .eps files and post them. No problem. I am not sure what is going on either, but I didn't have any problems!

Hope this helps!

Thanks if you could pull them apart I would be greatful the one that you did worked for some reason

Thanks Bonnie