Sign in to follow this  
OZZIEIMAC

BENEFITS OF USING A STAND FOR YOUR CUTTER PCUT 24

Hello All,

I noticed you were all talking about Vinyl Cutter Stands,i hope this is the right area to ask the question.I'm interested in purchasing the Creation PCUT 24 ,just wondering what is the BENEFIT of using the STAND as a pose to sitting the cutter on a desk or table?

Appreciate your feedback,

Cheers,

PJ  :thumbsup:

My brother bought one without the stand. I have heard him say a dozen times that he wishes he had bought the stand. That's all I can say.

I would think it is easier to feed the vinyl and move the cutter around if needed. Plus it frees some space you can use to place your materials, or work on.

Joe

The stand has two rollers on the back that holds the vinyl roll that you are cutting.  This seems to help the vinyl track better. 

Having the stand just makes life easier... from not having to keep the cutter on a dest/table, to allowing the vinyl to advance into the cutter better.

If you can afford to buy it with the stand... do it!

Buy the stand...it's light in weight and it will keep your table clear for weeding.

Forget the instructions in the book...

The long screws (with the lock washers) hold the botton part of the stand...the medium srews with the flat washers hold the sides (rounded edge to the outside) to the center bar and the countersunk chrome screws hold the mounting bracket on the top of the sides.  Put those screws in the outside holes of the sides otherwise they won't match the threads to the cutter.  Finally, the round head chrome screws hold the cutter to the stand brackets...You'll need to look underneath the machine and they go where the plastic is slotted.... 

I hope you don't have to do what I did...enlarge the holes on the bottom bar with a drill.... They did not line-up correctly with the threads...about 2mm off....and you don't want to force them into the aluminum...it will strip easily...

The Pcut is a great little "starter" machine...It took longer to build the stand than it did to set-up the cutter...and it cuts very well...

Best of luck,

The Tenor Man

Tenor,

Same thing happened to me with the stand.  You definately want the uprights with the flat side facing in.  Everything else will fall into place after that.