Sign in to follow this  
John Thomson

What speed and pressure do you run?

I'm getting to grips with the Refine MH 1351 now but am interested if any one would like to share what settings they use? Speed, blade angle, blade pressure......do you change settings depending on the job you are doing?

Thanks in advance.

john

I am using a refine 721.  I use 50-70 for the pressure and I set the speed depending on how much fine detail needs to be cut.

I have found the finer the detail the slower speeds work much better. also a 60 degree blade seems to help with fine details as well. I use both 45 and 60 degree blades.

The other factor I have found is the vinyl manufacturer. I use different pressure settings between manfactures as well as finish, ie gloss vs. matte.

Best thing I found is to practice and experiment.

Hope this helps.

I typically use Oracal 651, and my settings on the refine at 70ish pressure, and 8 to 20 on the speed.

My pressure seems good at 60.........getting more confident and running speed at around 400.....cuts well and tracks true at this :lol:

John

400??? WOW that is fast. I usually don't go over 40.

Seriously? Perhaps we are getting mixed up here..........I run in mm........European..........400mm per second is around 16 inch per second

john

Guest Dr_Jeff

80 on pressure, 60 degree blade, if there is fine detail, I will slow it don to 4 or 8 otherwise about 20

Using the arrow keys... side to side adjusts the blade pressure, and up and down adjusts the cut speed.(I'mnot at home, so that may be backwards :thumbsup:)