Sign in to follow this  

solid backing vs glass application-letters reversed?

I've been cutting hog wild, still with problems, but at least I'm cutting. So I've cut a handful of words only to find that when I was going to apply them to coroplast they seem to be backwards. It seems as though the cuts have been made for glass window application where they first appear backwards until one gets on the otherside and can read them correctly. I was desiring to apply to a solid backing. Can any one tell me if there's a setting that I may have wrong? Thank you.

As long as you don't have it mirrored, it should be fine!  If you are cutting vinyl to apply to a surface, such as coroplast, window decals, etc...what you see, is what should be cut.

Another thing, are you applying the app tape to the vinyl BEFORE applying it?

Mirror for heat applied vinyl.

after I applied transfer paper, i went to affix my words to coroplast and noticed that if I take off the white paper backing first and then hinge over top and rip off transfer paper, the words are reading reversed in some fashion either right to left or the letters are flipped whereas the 3 prongs of the letter "E" normally point to the right, they are pointing to the left, reversed.

All your letters are backwards??  Are you sure you don't have your image mirrored in SB??

I'm not sure; when i clicked the mirror button it puts 2 lines on screen and seems to flip image, but then turns off; I only fooled with that when you mentioned it

not sure how to post a file; i'll look and if it's wasting too much time I think I'm re-boxing this who thing and sending back to US Cutter; this just shouldn't be this difficult!

Thanks.

I'm not sure; when i clicked the mirror button it puts 2 lines on screen and seems to flip image, but then turns off; I only fooled with that when you mentioned it

not sure how to post a file; i'll look and if it's wasting too much time I think I'm re-boxing this who thing and sending back to US Cutter; this just shouldn't be this difficult!

Thanks.

send it back. If you think learning how to use complicated software is a waste of time,.you don't need it.

Click on "Additional Options" under the text where you post your message.  Browse for the file and upload it.

Any software you aren't use to, is going to take time to learn...heck I'm still learning all the time.

When you are in SB, if the image appears mirrored, that is how it will cut...you do NOT want it to show mirrored on your screen.

system is not taking file..says I took too long or file is too big....god nothing is straightforward

appearance was normal on screen

when one reads the words they appear to read correctly (through white backing) but when you go to apply you can see that's it's almost as if the sticky is on the wrong side

Well there was nothing in your files.

Sure you have the vinyl loaded correctly?  It sure sounds like you are cutting the backing of the vinyl and not the top!!

just read through "Mirroring" in tutorial and it requires opening a dialogue box, etc and I definitiely did not do that.

OK, I guess some day i may figure out

I appreciate your guys attempt to help me out

Sorry I couldn't help you more.  It's really hard to tell without your file here to see what may be going on.

Sounds like you have it loaded right....so you got me stumped, what could be going on there.

Hey one more thing:

if it looks right but cuts mirrored... try CHECKING the mirror box and see if it comes out right.

I have a feeling this is an easy fix...something is checked that shouldn't be.

But just try it one more time.

Thanks

If it already is unchecked...checking it will reverse it.

See pic for better understanding.............

sbmorrorSmall.jpg

This is why being a sign professional is a trade skill.

didn't even know about that mirror option and no, it's not checked....I was looking at another mirror option under "manipulation"

this is unreal

Thanks for your help