Sign in to follow this  
ifingerpaint2

Repositionable vinyl?

Ok, so here I go again, please don't laugh...

I have a real estate friend that wants me to make her some "under contract" decals for her to put on her signs. Thats easy enough, but what kind of vinyl can I use that she could easily peel off after the sale was complete? Her signs are made of that corigated viyl stuff- looks like cardboard, only made of vinyl. I have paint mask and thought of using that as a background rectangle with red vinyl letters on top, but I don't know how long the paint mask would last outside?

Any suggestions??

There is a vinyl that is designed to be easily removed. I think 3m makes some. I use paint mask in these cases,though.

Do an ebay search for sign vinyl,then look around. I've seen it there.

Yes,I do. Even regular vinyl can be removed using a blow dryer. But paint mask comes of easier and seems to leave less or no glue residue.

Coroplast (which is what you are talking about..the cardboard/plastic) is hard to get letters off of. If it was ME, I would use metal blanks.

Speaking of coroplast,I get mine locally at www.mumpowersignsupply.com, $44 for 100 (18x24).Even with shipping, if I had to pay,thats a LOT cheaper than I have been able to find online,even on ebay. I get the stakes $55 for 100.

They are pretty low in some areas.Check out their website. They are located in Bristol Va,about 15 miles from the Bristol Motor Speedway,for those of you in the area.

AS for how long the paingt mask would last outside,I have no idea...BUT it would probably last as long as she needs it to,considering the way she is going to use it.

hay banner try this site i use it a lot and it is hard for me to find it any cheper www.signoutletstore.com 36x24 white interplast sheeting $1.99

36x24 for $1.99 that comes out to $1 for  18x24. I am getting them for 0.44 in lots of 100. PLus,its a nice drive up to Virginia and I can get Cigs cheaper there while I'm at it.

But thanks for the link,there are some things I can't get at Mumpower.