Sign in to follow this  
central logos

Refine Cutter MH 721 BAD CUTS SOLVED

Plotter Not Cutting Precise???  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Plotter Not Cutting Precise???

• Imperfect Cuts
    • Bad Cuts

I was having issues with my Refine Cutter MH 721 not cutting as well and precise as it had in the past.  Upon inspection I noticed that the carriage was off of it's track.  This is a simple and quick fix for those of you with cutting issues.

Look at the position/angle of your carriage and blade holder.  If it is not 90 degrees to the cutting surface, then you will get imperfect cuts that do not close.  You may also notice circles that become oval.  Areas of your designs that have "chunks" that are being cut both in the inline, and outside of the border line.  You may also be getting what I call "chatter" when attempting to cut straight lines.  Chatter appears as a jagged or wavy edge vs. a straight line.

The problem.....THE CARRIAGE WAS OFF IT'S TRACK.  To fix this simply take the top cover off of the unit (four screws).  Gently lift the carriage up and set the wheels that are on the back of the carriage back INTO the "V" shaped track.  

I did this and low and behold...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!  getting perfect cuts again.

I have used my Refine for nearly a year and half with no other problems.  I have literally cut hundreds of names and numbers for athletic uniforms, as well as signs/banners and window decals.  If anyone else is having the issues discussed above, please do this simple check.

I was having issues with my Refine Cutter MH 721 not cutting as well and precise as it had in the past.  Upon inspection I noticed that the carriage was off of it's track.  This is a simple and quick fix for those of you with cutting issues.

Look at the position/angle of your carriage and blade holder.  If it is not 90 degrees to the cutting surface, then you will get imperfect cuts that do not close.  You may also notice circles that become oval.  Areas of your designs that have "chunks" that are being cut both in the inline, and outside of the border line.  You may also be getting what I call "chatter" when attempting to cut straight lines.  Chatter appears as a jagged or wavy edge vs. a straight line.

The problem.....THE CARRIAGE WAS OFF IT'S TRACK.  To fix this simply take the top cover off of the unit (four screws).  Gently lift the carriage up and set the wheels that are on the back of the carriage back INTO the "V" shaped track.  

I did this and low and behold...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!  getting perfect cuts again.

I have used my Refine for nearly a year and half with no other problems.  I have literally cut hundreds of names and numbers for athletic uniforms, as well as signs/banners and window decals.  If anyone else is having the issues discussed above, please do this simple check.

thanks  that might be the same problem i had to thanks

why would you need to take the top off? the carrige moves up without taking the top off and risking causing damage.

and as a prevention you should keep the track clean in the first place,use cotton buds to clean the wheels making sure no bits get left behind.

Hey, Central Logos.

Any chance of helping me out...? Done your method and got even worse "chatter"...

Anything I did wrong?

Thank you.

-Frank

Hey Frank ,

The OP , Central Logos has not been on the forum since 9-25-08 . Somebody else might be familiar with the model cutter you have .. if not make a support ticket .  :thumbsup:

it really bugs me how people dont notice the wheel is out of its tracks straight away,it would look blantently buggered.

im suprised it wroked at all let alone slightly off cuts. strange.

If your carriage was off the track and you were cutting, now that it is ON the tracks, you will need to do some major adjusting in your settings.

Wow! I'm sorry to dig topic that old from his grave, but I had the same problem with my newly bought machine and now it works perfectly! Amazing man, thank you!

There should be a pinned FAQ about some common problems or something, and that should be in it!

I agree, the "carriage off track" issue is quite common.

And not just for the MH, but also for SC and LPII, as the entire carriage gets popped off the rails during shipping.

Just the other day someone was asking for Forum help and this solution was the correct one.