Sign in to follow this  
snlsd

App Tape

Need some advice with application tape.  I bought a roll of R-Tape Conform and I can't get the letters to release from the vinyl backing.  I'm only getting every other letter to release.  Font is Times New Roman .75 inches tall.  I was using a scrap piece of Oracal 641.  Some of the letters actually took some of the paper backing along with it.

What pressure and speed would you recommend?  I have a PCUT 630.  My blade is barely sticking out of the holder.  Is it out far enough?  I had it set at 100 pressure and 50 speed.  I think this is what the directions suggested.

Two things to consider to get it right.  This is what I was told.  Blade depth and pressure.  You get both of those correct, your all set!!

So I tried 75 pressure and the letters wouldn't weed.  Tried 85 and I think it worked perfectly.  Thanks for all of the help.

I just cut out these letters again at 85 pressure and 50 for the speed.  It worked perfectly before and now the letters won't weed at all.

Plus I got a huge triangle cut out in the middle of the words.  It cut through 2/3 of the words.  I checked the drawing again and I don't see any lines like that anywhere.

Tried it again at 95.  Better, but some of the letters didn't release.  It was like the blade close the cut and there was a tiny spot where the line wasn't cut through. 

Tried it again at 105 but slowed it down to 40.  Cuts the same as previous.  The blade isn't completely finishing the letters and they are hanging on by a tiny piece where the blade didn't finish the cut.  It's like a hanging chad!!

I increased the blade a little and tried it again at 105 and 40.  Seemed to be ok.

What really concerns me the most is how cutting at 100 and 50 before was to much and the letters were not sticking to the app tape or the paper backing of the vinyl was sticking to the letters.  Now I'm cutting with more pressure and it works fine?:thumbsup:? What the heck!!

Ok, I read a few post and it seems that I needed to change the offset.  Changed it to .25 after running it at 0.00.  Seems a little better, but a few of the letters pulled up at the corners like the blade snagged a little.  Would anyone suggest setting the offset at something between 0 and .25, like .15.