SiboleGraphix

To My Forum Family, Please Read....

My sister's boyfriend called me right now. My oldest sister Cheyenne is in the hospital. They did and MRI this morning and found a mass in her brain. My parents are still sleeping, my other sister is at work and unable to reach, my husband is gone at work, I have no one to talk too.

They are going to transfer my sister to Loma Linda and do more tests to see what it is and what to do. But I'm so worried and scared and I don't know what to do. I want to go see her, but I have the kids and need to get Lexy to school, I don't want the kids to know yet until we know what it is.

I want to hope for the best, but it is in the brain. I'm so shaky and nausious right now.

Please keep my sister in your thoughts and prayers (if you pray) and I really hope I can get a babysitter so I can go see her.

Amber :-

Amber, I'm so sorry to hear this about your sister!  We never want to hear about one of our family members in the hospital.  I will definitely keep you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope that it is something that the doctors can cure.  Was she not feeling well prior??

Please keep us updated. Once again I'm so sorry, but we are here for ya girl!

Jenny

Thank you so much Jenny. I just got ahold of my other sister Angela, and when I told her I started crying. I never cry, but I'm such a mess. I have to hold it together until I atleast get my daughter to school. I don't know if I can wait that long.

My sister has been having really bad headaches for ahwile so she got the MRI done to be safe. But I guess a brain mass isn't what we were expecting.

Amber

Amber... so sorry to hear this kinda of news.  :-

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Please keep us updated, and let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help out you, or your family!

Amber, I agree with FM...if there is anything we can do...just ask!

Hang in there, right now your sister needs you to stay strong for her!!!

((hugs))

Jenny

Thank you FM and Jenny. It's nice to know people care when something like this hits you so hard.

I'm just sitting her staring at the computer. I have no idea what to do. I'm supposed to be calling my parents, but I can't even think of their phone number. I need to go get dressed and start moving. I need to figure out how to get down there to see her. I don't want her without family.

Amber

First thing girl..............breath!!

If you need to write down everything you need to do to get ready to go see your sister...please try to stay calm, I know it's easier said than done!  I'm sure once your parents know they will be there for her as well.  Do they live nearby?

We'll be here for ya.

Jenny

Thank you everyone again.

Thanks Jenny. Luckily we all live in the same town, so we're near each other. We are a very close family, we see each other almost daily. Hubs got ahold of my MIL who will watch the kids for me later on and pick up my daughter from school. So I should be able to head out to the hospital by 1 hopefully. But it seems such a long wait. I still need to cook breakfast and wake the kids up. I better get on it.

Thank you so much Jenny.

Amber

Amber,

I do pray and have faith in God.  And indeed have been praying for you and your sister Cheyenne since I read your message.  Prayers are not always answered as fast as we want or exactly like we want but, please take comfort that folks here love you enough to try.

Regis

Josh 1:9 Have I not comanded you, be strong and courages.

Amber,

Our family will have yours in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  If you need anything, we're always here for you.

-Randy

Amber, be strong and be well.  You have a strong force of a family here sending you good thoughts.  You know we are here for you so that alone means you will be ok.  Don't hesitate to ask for anything if you need anything.

Your big bro,

Charlie

Thank yu all so much. This is not quite how I had planned my day, so I'm totally lost, even with little things. You always hear about these things happening to other families, and you feel bad but are thankful your family is well. Then suddenly something happens, and your never ready for it and you just fall apart.

I'm sorta keeping it together. I burnt the first batch of waffles for my kids, so they were kinda upset with me. But I stuck chocolate chips in the second batch, so that made them happy. Seeing them smile does make me feel a little better. The other hospital still doesn't have a bed to put my sister in, so she's still waiting on getting transfered.  I'm really hoping for the best possible scenario and that she will be okay. She has 4 kids, she needs to be okay.

Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping me together. Thanks for everything. You are all the best forum family a girl can have, especially right now. Thank you!

Amber

Waffles with chocolate chips? that sounds yummy!  :thumbsup:  I've had pancakes with the little mini chips before..yum!

I keep checking for updates...........glad to hear you are keeping it together.....hope they get your sister a bed real soon.

(hugs)

Jenny

Kids always put a smile on our face and remind us we don't get to fall apart  :thumbsup: In times like this it is a blessing that they can distract us from our overactive minds. One step at a time, try not to think bout all the what ifs.....it will drive you crazy. It has to be soooo frustrating going through your day until you get to see your sister. My family is close too, my heart goes out to you. Give her a hug from all of us!

When my oldes son was 3 (he's 18 now) he had a tumor the size of an orange in the back part of his brain. He went through a 16 hour surgury and got it removed. It was in the part of the brain that controls balance and funtion. They told us he may never get all of his balance back and wouldnt be able to do thing like ride a bike. He raced bmx (bike racing) for 10 years and has been racing quads since as a sponsored rider. He surpassed anything i ever dreamed of. God looks out for us.  Your sister will be in my prayers .

Thank you Tim, it's stories like this that give me hope. I'm so glad your son is fine and I really hope my sister will be too. Thank You.

Amber

Guest sciondrgn

You are your family will be in our thoughts! Please let us know if there is anything we can do

Sorry to hear about things getting all rumbly for you over there  :-

Just keep on keeping on, and if you need anything, or any help, let us know... 

I"m so sorry you and your family are having to deal with something so scary right now. I said a quick prayer for you guys as I read. Although God answer prayers, His answers and timing aren't always what we want, but faith is rewarded.

And remember; sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

If He doesn't calm the storm quickly, I pray He does provide peace and calm for you and your family in the meantime.

Carol

Hang tough girl! I know that sinking feeling when you get that phone call that is either too early in the morning or too late in the evening.

Just remember that you can love your sister all you want, but you need to take of yourself first and foremost. While that isn't instinctual to those who are empathetic, I'm sure all will agree that if you don't care for yourself first, you won't be able to care for others.

You will find the strength to do what needs to be done - even if it's through a state of numbness. Like Jenny said, write everything you need to do. And while it maybe hard to think happy thoughts - try your best to keep your sense of humor, a little laughter can do a lot of healing. Keep the faith and the courage will come.

My mana'o (thoughts) are with you and  your 'ohana (family). Just let us know if we can lend any assistance in anyway.