Sign in to follow this  
bulldogtees

banner instructions?

Im making  my first banner for myself. I looked in the search for instructions , but i couldnt find one clear discussion on the application.

I bought some ready banners from Fellers & am using Oracal 651 .My concern is do I need to clean the banner material with anything first & should I apply it wet? The banners are for my first vending show this year & I dont want the letters to fall off during it. Any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks  Norm

Thanks for the vid it helps alot! Just wasnt sure , Ive read so many things, & heard oter people talk about cleaning the banner with  alcohol first.  Thanks again!! If Im missing anything let me know.  Norm

Am I the only one that kringed watching that?

I mean, for someone who's never done a banner, I can see where it would be helpful, but there were a whole bunch of no no's I saw in that video...seemed somewhat counter-productive...or maybe I'm just too retentive in how I do things...

what's easiest?

I'm talking about not running the squeegie from center out on the vinyl, and pressing it down by hand and not with a squeegie...

In the beginning they were talking about cutting a tunnel and repairing it.  If I screw up a letter, I'm not slicing and dicing it... I'm recutting it on the machine and replacing the whole letter... I'm giving 100% quality on anything I do... I'm not 1/2 stepping a repair to something I hosed up during the install... but that's just me...  In some applications, that might be acceptable, my own personal yardsale signs (only application that comes to mind).

Again, the video has it's purpose, but some things I saw seemed to go against the grain of how I was taught and what makes sense.  It DID seem old, so maybe it's just an older video or something. 

I understand there is often more than 1 way to do some things..but I've always operated under the idea that you're supposed to squeegie from the center out (vs across the entire graphic) to get the air bubbles out.  When going across the entire graphic, you can easily trap air under it.  Easier to get it out working from the center out....

Little things like that...