Sign in to follow this  
snlsd

Looking for a black panther

Anyone have a black panther I can use.  Something like this.....

post-3161-12986525512562_thumb.jpg

post-3161-12986525524316_thumb.jpg

Will THis Work?

VINYLMAGNET-EAGLES.jpg

Oh, I'm soooo going to hell for that....

</obnoxious eagles fan>

Just pokin some fun... saw you got your panthers on the vector side :thumbsup:  If you need more, just do a google image search and if you find something, maybe we can trace one up or something.  I don't have anything with panthers in it within my archive for some strange reason...

Well, here is the final product.  I had some problems with bubbles in the vinyl.  I'm wondering if I should have put it on wet.  I did an entire van dry and never had a single bubble that I can remember.  This is a freebie that I'm doing for a relative, so I guess they can't complain.  Still bugs the heck out of me to see bubbles. 

post-3161-12986525599848_thumb.jpg

post-3161-12986525615984_thumb.jpg

Question...

1.  Do you use a squeegie to lay the material down or do you lay it down with your hand, then squeegie it out

2.  When you remove the application tape, how do you pull it off? 

On big areas of vinyl, like flooding something, I like to take a wet paper towel and soak down the application tape before pulling it off.  It comes off VERY easy.  I've seen alot of discussion about the pulling on the vinyl adding to bubbles.  NOt sure if it's true, but you tend to get paranoid  :thumbsup:

I used the hinge method for the top and a separate hinge for the bottom section.  Used a squeegie to smooth it out as I went.  Pulled the app tape off at a 45 degree angle.  I don't think they will mind since they were using a piece of cardboard with Sharpie lettering.  I don't think you'll notice from a distance, but I don't want a potential customer to go elsewhere because of my work.  Even if this sign is a freebie.  I was going to put my name on the bottom corner, but I don't know if I want to promote a crappy sign.

Understood.  Bubbles DO go away when it outgases, but it's the damage they cause when others see them before that happens.