Sign in to follow this  
thunderdave06

I heard about a discount for members

I heard something about a discount on another forum that did a review of mh721 could you tell me how to get this discount & how much of a discount?

what site?

I haven't heard of a discount either.The only discount I know of are by going on ebay and bidding on the cutters.That's how I bought mine,and I saved right at $200.00 that way.I would like to see the forum where you read about the review and discount.Could you post the link?Thanks.

Go to sign forums.com & look at reviews marusco said he was giving discounts of $75 for mh721 , $100 off mh1101 & $200 off mh1351 if ordered through us cutter for forum members only. very good review check it out you have to go to the bottom of the review and click on discuss this article  in the forum then scroll down to bottom after reading all the other peoples comments and you'll see mmurusco article.

They did write a good review.The only thing I didn't understand was the part where they said throw the blades away and get better blades.They are roland carbide blades.I think they work fine.The vinyl,I don't know about.I didn't get vinyl with mine.I didn't read the discounts because you have to register to read the forum posts.Forums are great,but I don't like having to give my name address and phone number,just to read a post.Thanks for the info!

Billy I will copy exacctly what it says for you

I am sorry that I have not been more active in this thread. I have been out of town for the last two weeks, but I would like to take some time to address some of the questions that have come up.

I would also like to thank Kimon for the review. I think it was indeed fair and accurate. Kimon has been very helpful ever since I joined this board, and I look forward to future cooperation.

To answer the question of "Tech Support By Phone", anyone who purchases through our website is entitled to one year of phone support along with warranty support. For members of this forum, if you purchase through the website rather than through eBay, please feel free to call without waiting for a call back. The phone number is 425-284-2282 and the tech (Marcel) is available M-F 9:00AM - 3:00PM PST. He isn't always available, but in most cases, he will get back to you the same day if you call early. If you purchase through eBay, support is available via email and warranty will only be 30 days.

As far as consumables go, these cutters use highly standardized parts that are common across a number of different cutters. If we are no longer in the business in three years, blades, blade holders, rollers, and cutting strip material will all be available. The cutting strip material is probably the hardest part to source; the rest should be available from many suppliers, so if you are concerned, I would suggest that you buy an extra cutting strip. We do not, however, expect to exit the business any time soon, so parts should be available for a long time to come.

I have also seen questions about the quality of components. I have inspected all components carefully, and the cutter does indeed use bearings throughout. I would imagine they are ball bearings, but I didn't think to look at the time, and I am still away from the business, so I can't confirm right away.

One final issue to note with respect to Artcut software. Kimon was shipped one of the first units from our first batch with built-in USB (approximately 2 months ago), and we hadn't yet provided documentation on how to make the new USB interface work with Artcut. As such, Kimon was unable to get it working. Artcut does indeed work with the machine, but it does take a few steps to accomplish.... That said, at Kimon's suggestion, we have worked out a deal with Whisqu to provide Signcut X2 instead of Artcut, as we feel it is higher quality software. In approximately one week, all new units will ship with Signcut X2 instead of Artcut, although Artcut will still be available for those who request it.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Kimon suggested that we could support the forum by offering forum member discounts, so I would like to provide discount coupons for $75 off MH721, $100 off MH1101, and $200 off MH1351 if ordered through our website (http://uscutterdirect.com). The discount coupon codes will be sf75, sf100, and sf200 respectively. I am hoping they will go into effect today, but they may go into affect early next week. And please forgive the fact that our site currently looks unprofessional. I have decided to switch e-commerce solution providers and am holding off on any updates to the website until after the switch (should take place about the 1st of the year).

Hello, I was unaware of this discount myself. I did read that forum a while back but have a tendency to skip over parts that are non-technical related :-  I've inquired about this and found out that this discount is available for members of that particular sign forum site only. If you purchased through ebay you didn't really miss out since the coupon is not good for Ebay, it is only good at our direct sales website www.uscutterdirect.com so basically ebay is still the best deal out there. I'll leave this posting up for a few days but since the targeted audience of this coupon is not this forum I will have to delete this topic once everyone who was interested in it has had an opportunity to read this.