Hope it is something simple. Really not trying to be a downer here.

Firstly, let me say that I'm new to this forum and I don't want to step on any toes. Maybe this has been addressed here or elsewhere (I confess to skipping some of the posts in this thread), but here's my two cents on the grounding issue.

Seems like the general consensus is that the grounding is taking place from the machine to the stand. I am by no means a scholar on the subject, but there shouldn't be a discharge of electricity to the stand when the machine is grounded to the electrical socket. I always figured it was grounding the stand to the machine (and, thereby, the machine's electrical ground) in order to disperse the static buildup from rolls of vinyl on the roller feed.

Call me crazy, but that's what makes sense to me.

Again, this may have been covered before and I just didn't see it.

Firstly, let me say that I'm new to this forum and I don't want to step on any toes. Maybe this has been addressed here or elsewhere (I confess to skipping some of the posts in this thread), but here's my two cents on the grounding issue.

Seems like the general consensus is that the grounding is taking place from the machine to the stand. I am by no means a scholar on the subject, but there shouldn't be a discharge of electricity to the stand when the machine is grounded to the electrical socket. I always figured it was grounding the stand to the machine (and, thereby, the machine's electrical ground) in order to disperse the static buildup from rolls of vinyl on the roller feed.

Call me crazy, but that's what makes sense to me.

Again, this may have been covered before and I just didn't see it.

The bold part is correct - the static builds from the roll and int he stand until it discharges thru the carriage if not properly grounded together.   been a problems especially with the refine mh series since they was invented,    the higher end machines have metal rollers on metal bearings to metal brackets and the stand is metal to metal with the bottom of the cutter - the value cutters for some reason like to A: have the cutter sitting on rubber feet on the stand or B have plastic caps at the ends of the rollers that the vinyl sits on.  now the later is true on the titan but so far we have not seen any problems with them.  they also come with a wire pre attached to the stand and ready to attach to the cutter . . . . the biggest problems again have been with the refine that sits on rubber feet