tory

Is it possible to vector this?

Hello

I found a VERY small clipart that I'd like to use with my logo. I dl Inkscape hoping I could do a trace but the results I got were awful..........of course I was fumbling my way around not sure exactly how to use it. Is it possible to clean this up so I can use it in various sizes? How was it even made in the first place? Time for that graphic class Charlie was talking bout. :-

post-2949-12986525154209_thumb.jpg

post-2949-12986525170653_thumb.jpg

I was afraid that was the answer. Well since that isn't possible, at this moment, I'll have to save it and keep looking. I very briefly entertained the thought of redrawing, until I saw how intertwined the design was and how the colors blended. I didn't know what tool to start with much less get the colors correct. Thanks for taking a look at it, I was hoping it could be traced as is.

Unfortunately that is all I've found so far. I came across a site while surfin the net......it allowed you to make businesscards and letterhead with the images. I just liked it so I was going to try to incorporate it into my logo for a website. Well, we can see how well that is going. I suppose my mind thinks like Terry's saying......Whenever somebody says "it can't be done", they are usually interrupted by somebody who is already doing it. I'm new to this art stuff but learning real fast that there are definite limitations...... esp for me lol. I look at it like well it was drawn once, how'd they do that and man I wish it was in vector. And why is that, that most art isn't drawn in vector to begin with? You'd think it would make it easier for them to use for other applications? I appreciate everyone trying or at least looking to see if it is possible. Thanks

Guest Terry

send it to printer in black.........then scan it..........then repost it.

I printed it, and scanned it, but with all the noise in the picture... I think that might be a toughie.  Not saying it couldn't be done, just gonna require some time and effort...

Here's my scan of it

post-2505-12986525396398_thumb.jpg

post-2505-12986525419116_thumb.jpg

Here's the black scan I did......I dunno but to me looks worse than the color version. Thanks again

post-2949-12986525449757_thumb.jpg

post-2949-12986525465088_thumb.jpg

Thanks Capton, I truly appreciate your efforts. I'll take a look at what you did/found. I found it on a site that lets you design your own letterhead, a site that I jus happened to come across. I'll check and see if I bookmarked it. The fact that you guys took your time and tried means a lot cuz I sure wasn't getting anywhere on my own.

Capton, prob a good thing you can't wring my neck from there. After I re-found that site I looked around a lil further. I prob can't use that image anyways since THEY make websites along with letterhead, businesscards, etc. with the images. Sorry, back to the drawing board. Maybe I can find something similar that will work.

Well, I liked that image because of the swirls of color, then I was going to try and have the name coming out where the circle was in the center. My business is mainly garments in Embroidery & Vinyl.....hoping to do banners/signs too. I've wanted to change my business name to reflect Embroidery AND Graphics but haven't come up with anything catchy. That's about the time when I found that image and figured I'd just do something so I could put a site together. Open for any ideas, I'm not a flower person more like shapes and colors if that makes sense?