Sign in to follow this  
shirley1520

I'm new and have questions - is the Copam 2500 going to do what I want?

My sons and I want to do heat transfers. We have the heat press, the printer, and even a concessions trailer (that was given to them last summer and we had no idea what we were going to do with it!), and after lots of research we want a CUTTER!!!!

We'd LOVE to have the Roland GX-24, but don't see that happening with our budget. We're looking at the Copam 2500 (Ebay) and were wondering if that would meet our needs? One of my concerns is the software.

It says: "Included with your purchase is a three year subscription to SignCut X2 PE or an unlimited subscription to SignCut X2 LE.  It is your choice!"

I don't think that the LE will allow us to do mirror images. Does that matter? (Oh, we also bought CorelDraw Graphics Suite X3 - Ebay)

Is there anyone out there doing heat transfers that owns the Copam 2500?

Any suggestions..... Advice....... we'll take anything!

Shirley

;D

I don't own a copam 2500, but I have heard great things about them. You will need to mirror designs that are cut out of heat press vinyl for names, and/or designs. The roland is a great machine too, but it is costly. I bought a cheaper cutter and when it goes or I need the features of a gx24(optic eye) I will then look for a replacement. Good luck I hope I help you . ..... JB

Your Corel program has a feature to mirror an image.  lots of luck with your new stuff,  daniel t

Welcome to our forums!

Yes- the Copam will do what you are looking to do, and the SignCut program has a mirror feature with the PE version. You get a 3 year subscription to the PE version with your purchase.