Sign in to follow this  
dethklok151

stopping a cut and re-initializing

i searched just a lttle,but have a couple questions.i am pretty new at all this as well.

1.how do i stop a cut in the middle of it?i didnt,and still dont have my vinyl width set correctly,so the cutter moved off my vinyl.i stopped it by pressing some buttons on the cutter.....yeah a couple and in no particular order!now i cant start a new cut.part of the old cut is still displayed every time i go to the cutter screen. i am using SIGNBLAZER.

2.i cant seem to make the cutter go "home".

hopefully i can get some answers,but i will keep poking around to see what i can find.

thanks

Normally to stop a job I just kill the power to the cutter.

To set your origin you bring the cutter offline and use the arrows to move the carriage into the desired location. Once there press the cross hair/origin button to set your origin. Bring the machine back online and you are ready to cut again.

ok,but the screen still displays the old cut.it wont go away.i cant cut. i think if i re-initialize,it will work.how do i initialize?ive shut the computer off and reloaded,opened different files,but the unfinished cut is still there.

What you were cutting isn't going to disappear if you stop cutting it's going to stay there until you tell the software that you don't want it there anymore. You can open a new job or open a new file or if you are using SB move the graphic out of the pink box.

i opened a new file and tried to cut it,but the cut screen still shows an "X"grid type pattern over what would be the vinyl.it also still gives me the cant initial cutter error.i should have mentioned that before,my bad.i am using signblazer  with vista on a laptop through a usb.i beleive ken walked my wife through the set-up before,but she cant remember now. i am appreciating all the help i get.thanks.

once we get this figured out,how do i stop a cut?my other diffulculty is laying out my cuts.it always seems to rearrange them for me.