Sign in to follow this  
rrc62

Cutting Strip....Urgent

Guys...and girls....On the MH721, under the blade area there is a strip of masking tape.  Under the masking tape is a clear plastic film and under that is a white strip.  Should I remove the masking tape and clear film or are those meant to be there?  Getting ready to cut about 20 feet of vinyl and want the best results possible,

Thanks....Ross

I was just about to ask the same question and saw your post. I looked at some pictres of the plotter on the internet and did not see the masking tape stuff on them but still would rather have someone tell me that it is not supposed to be there so I dont worry.  Someone please help.

My guess is that the tape and clear plastic is there to protect the teflon cutting strip during factory testing and shipping, but I want to be sure.  I went ahaed and cut a job with the tape there and it came out fine.  I'll leave the tape until someone who knows for sure chimes in....

I do have a truck lettering job to do and I'd like the cutter to be set like it's supposed to before I cut it....Just incase.  Murphys law working the way it does sometimes.

Ross

Guest fivestar

Masking tape comes off, clear stays on.

Masking tape comes off, clear stays on.

Thanks...It actually cut fine with the tape on. ;D

Ross