dinki

How good can the cutter cut small decals?

Hey guys.  I run a small decal webstore and get a decent volume of sales.  I've outgrown my Seiki 24" and am looking to upgrade.  The Seiki has never really preformed well for me.  I have to carefully weed my decals as the Seiki often does not complete the cuts and I end up with nonclosed paths.

I am interested in the USCutter 24" cutter and want to know if I am going to experience the same type problems with it?  I am often cutting small decals (6" is a very popular size) and want something that can cut small text and graphics reliably.  I am trying to cut down on my weeding time.

Any information would be most appreciated.

With proper blade settings and offset in the program you should be fine with any of the US Cutter plotters. I generally wont cut text smaller than .4 inch high but I do cut some very small detailed graphics. Here is a 7x7 Famous logo I cut a while back.2_26_05_08_5_44_26_1.jpg And I did that before I found the "sweet spot" with my blade settings and before using 60 degree blades.

Wow that is impressive. Do you think I could possibly get that graphic from you? If that would be ok you can send it to levih@uscutter.com

I just purchased an LP 24. I have been making 4" window decals with wording that is quite small and scrolly. Weeding is simple, no cuts have been left open. I usually print one to two rows of decals at a time. I also have a very fine line about a 1/16" inch curve and it has come out perfect every time.