Sign in to follow this  
Monkeywithumbs

USB to Serial adaptor

Hello all,

I would like to use my laptop to cut with. It only has usb ports while my Creation P-Cut only has serial and has ran FLAWLESSLY (knock on wood) from my desktop for a good while now. I remember having the typical set-up issues, but not a glitch since. I am a bit hesitant to switch due to the fact that SB will only let you cut from one computer (which I understand) and in order to switch the cutter, I believe I will have to transfer SB. I truly wish that I could run SB on both machines.

Am I safe in assuming that I can always just switch SB back if I have too many problems?

I have read that the keyspan usb-serial converter is recommended, but someone said that they got a "cheapo" off of ebay and it was working ok. Is it still? I pretty much believe that you get what you pay for, but my P-Cut has been a definite exception to that rule (knock on wood).

Thanks in advance for any help that may be given.

I must say that this is the best forum that I have ever subscribed to, on any topic, as far as the members and the administrators willingness to help others goes. Period. You guys are amazing.

Duh.

Hi , Does that mean you have since then read the Signblazer section ;) If not read it & then ask any questions  . If you don't know the answers . post & I'll splain it 2 ya  :P

regards , Rodger

I am thinking that he has discovered that since you have to run SB in the trial mode right now that means that you can install the software on any # of machines when/if the time comes to register the software you will have to decide which computer you want to run it on.

As for the other problem you can get any serial to USB adapter and it will serve your purpose. The reason Keyspan is recommended is because we know that they are solid and reliable. We actually sell the Keyspan adapters on our web store. Here is a link: http://www.uscutterdirect.com/KEYSPAN-USB-SERIAL-ADAPTER_p_6-212.html