tequila421

PCUT CR630 - assign COM port

Hi

I'm having a lot of problems installing my PCUT! I tried in vain to get it to work with my Mac Mini and gave up on that (downloaded the latest FTDI driver but coudn't get it to assign the Pcut as a device). And i've now tried to run the cutter off a PC (i've tried 2 PC's now!) & really i'm hoping someone can help as i've trawled the forums/internet for info and still can't get it to work! I've installed the driver from the CD which shows up in the USB devices as Creation CR630 (as per the manual)... problem is it doesn't assign a COM port when PCUT attached so that when i go into Signcut X-2 all i have is COM1 and USB Creation Board (i've tried cutting from both of these as some kind of last resort with no luck!). I've re-installed the drivers and even downloaded fresh drivers from USCutter and FTDI but still nothing....

Any ideas... either i'm doing something fundamentally stupid or i feel there's something wrong with the cutter...?  B)

Thanks

Stuart

p.s it's USB only so i don't have the serial option/keyspan option........

Thanks Ken, you're a star! (& thanks for replying even though you don't sell my PCUT!)

Yep, i've got a CR630 PCUT bought in the UK and it seems that they are pure USB driven. The manual's rubbish though and if i'd known from the start i reckon i could've had it running within an hour!!

Anyway, all working now.... maybe the post and link will help someone else in my predicament!

Stuart

this is what mine is doing!!oh please please please let this solve my problem!!!!!!!!!

and yes i no im only writing to myself    :thumbsup:

read the new bie manual in the instructional section.

Paco