ifingerpaint2

Weeding with transfer tape??

This may be a totally stupid question, so forgive the newbie, and have mercy...

I am cutting a quote out of paint mask, going to make a wall hanging out of it. I would like to use both the positive letters-to mask while painting shadows with an airbrush, and the negative spaces- to mask as I paint in the lettering. Do I have to cut the quote out twice and weed each cut oppositely, or can I possibly use transfer tape to weed the letters out and then apply them to my canvas?? Does that make any sense??

Thanks so much, I am truly grateful for this forum, and all of the knowledgeable people willing to share!

obviously a stupid question, thanks for not bashing me ;D Itried a small sample as to not waste a big piece...looks like I'll have to cut two--I know I should've just tried it out on my own before I posted, I was just hoping someone would give me some amazing trick! ;D thanks anyway.

OK, so I just noticed that there has been 57 people read this thread...57 people laughing at the newbie...I'm so embarrased at the fact that I actually posted such a silly question, and want all of you to know that I really am not that...well, ok maybe I am...could we just remove this thread?? :huh:

We'll see if anyone has an answer for you first. I wish I knew......but we just sell and support the cutters, do not have a sign shop.

:huh:

I DO have a sign shop. Cut it twice. I don't know of any other way of doing what you want to do.Not an easy way,anyhow.

Banners right, Anything can be done, but chances are it will be a royal PITA..

No one is laughing at you...  I thought about the same thing...  Why waste Right?