Sign in to follow this  
SiboleGraphix

Making a Bands Logo?!

Yesterday I was working on a sign, when a friend showed up. He saw me working, and asked if I could make his band a "sick" looking logo for car decals and such. He's in a heavy metal/rock band called Downfall. I really suck at logo making, and can't even think of an idea for a band! But if I can design something, him and his band mates will all buy the decals off of me, as well as their families!

He said maybe some "sick" looking font (whatever that means) and maybe some kind of tribal or flame through it, or under it, or something. Man, I need to work on designing stuff more, cuz I'm really drawing a blank!

Any ideas on what I should do? Any help, ideas on where to start or look, just any tips would help. My hubs said maybe try drawing something, but I can't think of what to do at all! Please, anybody, ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Amber  ;D

Amber Amber Amber....

How about some jagged font...but really...something like that would probably be best hand drawn first then digitized.  Look at reference pix like KISS and Guns & Roses....Look at how they made theirs simple yet recognizable where ever they go.  Sometimes, the messiest of designs are not always the most attractive of effective.  Listen to their music and get a good feel of their essence.  Let it come to you.  Watch a horror movie.  You basically want something to inspire you then go all out and don't hold back.  make at least 4-6 different variances of your original design so they have an idea of what direction to go with.  One they like what u have...you are home free.  If ya need any help..just ask.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Sometimes I just freak out about having to actually design something one of a kind. I know I can do it, but I just freak and then don't do it. And then there's always the worry that what I do make will totally suck!  ;D

I'm gonna start looking at different things online then see what I can come up with. Maybe I'll send them your way to see if they actually look good! I wish you could by confidence!

Thanks again Charlie!

Amber

Try keeping it real simple - and make sure it is vector.

Then if he wants it pimp'ed out you can raster it later and load on the special effects.

Try keeping it real simple - and make sure it is vector.

Then if he wants it pimp'ed out you can raster it later and load on the special effects.

Thanks. I'm trying to think simple but eye catching. I'm thinking of some kind of tribal art, since the singer is also a tattoo artist. I'm thinking maybe asking if he wants to draw a special tattoo and I do the font, or something like that. That way it's his own design, and it would make him feel cool.

Amber

Thanks. I'm trying to think simple but eye catching. I'm thinking of some kind of tribal art, since the singer is also a tattoo artist. I'm thinking maybe asking if he wants to draw a special tattoo and I do the font, or something like that. That way it's his own design, and it would make him feel cool.

Amber

Good thinking Amber!

Thank you both for coming up with ideas. I haven't gotten to talk to him about it yet, his wife is very sick and in the hospital. Once everything settles down, I'll run all my ideas by him and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Amber

TY....DIDNT KNOW HOW "SICK" THE FONT NEEDED TO BE, BUT TO ME TOO "SICK" WOULD BE NOT GOOD

USE IT IF YA CAN, IF NOT I'LL TRY AGAIN IF YA NEED ME TOO

DAVID