Sign in to follow this  
charlie_b CFXPaintworks

US Cutter Convention!

Hey Everyone...

Just wanted to get some ideas about possibly getting some sorta convention/meeting for US cutter members to get together.  I think it would be a cool idea for all of us like-minded business people to meet for a weekend.  Maybe have seminars and how-to's.  I could possibly teach some Illustrator and Photoshop lessons....and im sure a few members can contribute as well.  It would be a great opportunity to network and meet some of us who have made very good friends over this forum.  This is nothing official from US Cutter, nor have i asked permission to plan anything...i just basically wanted to throw the idea out there and see if we could even get some people interested in having one. 

My thoughts are having it in Vegas...not really that central..but hey...it is a reason to go to Vegas right?  Anyway...what you all think?  Maybe if there is enough interest...US Cutter can make it official?  Let's see.

Charlie

Hey if I was closer and had the airfare, I'd jump at the chance for this! How fun!!

Learn & have a good time with great people, who could ask for more?  well other than the airfare...  B)

Guest sciondrgn

Great idea but I know I couldnt make it out that far..

Make it in Puerto Rico. I've never been there and it will be fun  ;D  ;D  ;D

LMAO.........yeah ok Joe...  B)

Just throwing some ideas out there...location doesn't really matter, i just want all of us to hang out someday.  I say Vegas because..well...it's VEGAS!  I mean..heck...if the US Cutter Office could fit a bunch of peeps...why not even have it there too?

The wife would like to go to Vegas but it would be a tough sell to get her going there to talk about Vinyl Cutting.

We are sooooo widely spread out it is difficult...unless ya'll come here to the beach. 

BUT, what about 6, or 10, or 15 centers around the country/world and having live video/audio between us all.....  Have the same background banner at each hosting location

Just a thought

Nice idea Charlie - might cost me a bit to get there tho  ;D  About 3 grand return just for the flights to Vegas.

Been there once before - wouldn't mind a return trip to be honest.  I'd definately concider it.

Nice idea Charlie - might cost me a bit to get there tho  ;D  About 3 grand return just for the flights to Vegas.

Been there once before - wouldn't mind a return trip to be honest.  I'd definately concider it.

Australia sounds like a great plaace for it too. We should take a vote.

I've ALWAYS wanted to visit Australia!!  Might need to really save up for that trip though..  ;D

Ya know ya'll want to come to North Dakota!!  I could give ya all rides on my snowmobile  ;D  I got a big backyard and a fire pit...... lots of burgers and brauts.....  come on...  ;D ;D

My family almost moved to Australia when I was a child. Wouldn't mind visiting there. But that would take quite a few years to save up for!  ;D

Amber

Hmm...lets see...

US Cutter Australia:Outback Getaway

US Cutter Dakota Dakota:Summer Camp Escape

US Cutter Vegas:Cut 'N Gamble

What CAN happen is we can have conventions every year at different locations.  One year would be East coast, then West Coast then Mid west, etc.

great idea charlie_b I think you are on to something. But Most of us will be unable to travel like that, day jobs etc.... How about scheduled web meetings? Someone with knowledge that wants to show how to sessions can, which can even be recorded for other fourm members that was unable to attend. At my day job we use go to meeting and can have somewhere around 12 people can share the screen and record it. There may be free or lower cost solutions out there like that.

Make it in Puerto Rico. I've never been there and it will be fun  ;D  ;D  ;D

lol! I think you'd make it a big enough party to make it worth the trip!

Carol

You bet Carol!  ;D

I think it sounds like a good idea.

I think we should do it in Orlando though so we can go to all the amusement parks. 

US CUTTER FAMILY REUNION '08 - Orlando  ;D

I think it sounds like a good idea.

I think we should do it in Orlando though so we can go to all the amusement parks. 

US CUTTER FAMILY REUNION '08 - Orlando  ;D

I was just in Orlando, I want to go somehwere new!    ;D  Australia  ;D

heh....starting to get a Aussie fan club  :P

If that starts up.......sign me up!!  :P

Great idea Charlie. It may be to quick for this year but if we could plan it either around NOV 4-7 (SEMA show) or maybe opposite(MAY to offset costs) I would love to attend. :thumbsup:

Actually, we could have a presence at any sign & graphic trade show.  If there is one in your city, let everyone here know a date, time, and place to meet for lunch....breakfest...or whatever.  Good time for those that can attend to meet and chat in person.  We certainly can come up with a sign for the meeting place!

Regis