Sign in to follow this  
McClary

good program to use for new plotter

Hi,

i just bought a Bridge pro 720 off of ebay. seems to be ok , enough to get me by.  We're not a big sign shop, just looking to do small stuff on the side and things.....

hopefully this plotter will get us by for now till we get enough money to purchase a better one...

we do have a 36" Bobcat cutter too.. but something went out on the controls. The Damn Signwarehouse does not want to help me since im not the original owner, told me it would run $170 hr to fix it... kinda steep, if you ask me.  they wouldnt give me no advise or anything...  so granted , i will not buy anything off of them due to there poor customer support....   

but back to what im wanting to find out.. lol

the cutter came with artcut.  im not too fond of the metric system on this ...    looking for a more usable basic program to do my art and cutting from .. something that wont break my wallet.

cheap , but not cheap on work.. lol

i do have Coral Draw 8 , and photoshop cs ..  could one of those work directly to my vinyl machine?

anyways.. any ideas and suggestions would be great!

oh , we're just cutting vinyl like lettering and basic graphics for automotive and maybe some random side jobs of yardsale signs and etc....

thanks

mat

SignCut X2, SignBlazer Elements trail version, or Flexi Starter would all be good selections that we offer: www.uscutter.com

thanks for the quick reply, i hear alot about the Signcut.  i wondering whats the big difference between the flexi starter and signcut , whats advantages over the other?

i notic the signcut dont come with a disc(downloadable) guess the flexi does come with a cd?

i would really like to have a disc for backup... 

are these programs for a year only? then you got to pay for another year?

thanks again!!

Flexi and SignBlazer come with CD's, yes. SignCut X2 does not, because there are several different versions for Mac, and one for Windows, so it is easier to just download it anyways.

Flexi and SignBlazer are not subscription based, but SignCut X2 is. Ther version we sell includes a 3-year PE subscription- PE being the full version of SignCut X2. After the 3 year subscription is up, you would need to re-new, yes.

Since you already have Corel Draw...my suggestion would be to get the Flexi Starter (Dongle Version) and it will be all you will ever need. Just do your designs in Corel...save as .eps,import into Flexi,and cut. For basic text and such,just Flexi is all you need.

It will be money well spent.

thank you guys for the input...

sounds like the Flex from what ive read last hour on here and what was said is gonna be my best bet....

prob try to purchase it end of the month....    prices looks good at the uscutter site...

mat