Sign in to follow this  
2001kx

this press any good?

I wouldn't say it's junk... but you are taking a chance with the quality. Some people have had great sucess with the ebay special presses, and others have had nothing but headaches... I think the biggest issue I've read about is the heat element not heat the entire presss surface area, or the temp being off a good amount.

I'll go ahead and spill my own beans... I have one of those. But it's just temporary until I make enough with it to purchase a name brand and larger press!

Hi

Do you mind posting a basic simple report on this press? I am also looking for a press to "test the waters". 

Does it have the problem with uneven heating?

I realize that most anybody will say that one should buy a name brand.  In the other hand I attended a sign trade show and basically the general opinion on vinyl cutters was " USwho?",

"chinese cutters are crap", etc. Same for SB. So.... but here we are largely happy with UScutter products.

Tony

I haven't used it yet but I purchased a Sunie for 50.00 more that claims it has more heating elements per inch than others and has center pressure adjustment slimular to the more expensive units.  It  seemed to get good reviews from owners (after a problem was fixed with the fuses). Purchased right from sunie for about the same price as they sell them on ebay but with a longer warranty than they offer on ebay

I haven't used it yet but I purchased a Sunie for 50.00 more that claims it has more heating elements per inch than others and has center pressure adjustment slimular to the more expensive units.  It  seemed to get good reviews from owners (after a problem was fixed with the fuses). Purchased right from sunie for about the same price as they sell them on ebay but with a longer warranty than they offer on ebay

have a link to the one you bought?

checked mine with a IR thermoeter tonight and it is pretty close across the entire surface!  Thanks for the tip firemalt on the IR