Sign in to follow this  
rrc62

721 came today

I took it out of the box, built the stand, plugged it in and printed a test square using the pen.  Then I hooked up the serial cable and pushed send in Flexi and the design printed with no problems.  I loaded some vinyl and spent the next 10 minutes adjusting the knike and down pressure.  Literally, 30 minutes after taking the plotter out of the box, I had the first sign cut.  (The one to go on my shop door).  All in all, I think this is a great cutter for the money.  I'm very pleased.

Ross

I've said the same thing before.A little patience and you can do it! The 721 really is a good plotter,and would be at twice the price.

My first plotter paid for itself the first week and had made me a full time living for the past year.

Welcome to the world of Sign Making!

Guest fivestar

No this is really just a fake forum, we just set this up to con people into thinking these machines are really great.  :D  Just kidding, they really are good machines, well at least mine is. :)  I'm sure yours will be too.

The marks usually are gone when the vinyl is applied to your substrate.

I have not had the same luck. I have been tring to get the soft ware to talk to the plotter for 2 days. I have used the USB cable and the 25 pin cable but no luck. All I have been able to do is cut plot the test square.It might be the plotter that is defective. Is there a customer ser vice number for us-cutter?Im getting really frusterated and I need to start making money off this thing soon. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.[flash=200,200] I think it might be the soft ware Sign cut -X2. Can any one advise on how to change the parralell port setting in BIOS i went in there but found no such parallel port option.

Depends on your computers BIOS where the setting might be. Did you check your device manager to see if it was already in ECP mode? You may not need to change it.

You can call 425-284-2282 or 866-789-2919 for assistance M-F 9-4 Pacific Time.

I've had my plotter for awhile now and other than 1 small glitch with signcut all my problems have been operator malfunction. They could provide a better beginers manual but this forum pretty much makes up for that. :salut: :salut: :salut:

If you are using a usb to serial adapter you have to check to see which serial port the adapter is using(i.e. com 1 com 2, com 3....)  Then you have to set the cutting software to use that port.  The problem with USB to serial converters is that each time you remove and insert the adapter the serial port may increase.  If it was set to com 2 and you removed and reinserted it the serial port may now site on Com 3.  I had this problem with a laptop we use with Flexi.  There are two ways to fix this. The first is to set the cutting sotware to use the port that the adapter is currenlty sitting on.  The other is easy but has a few more stets.  The 2nd method is:  You have to go to the control panel, double click the system icon. That opens up the system properties, choose the hardware tab and then click on the Device Manager Button.  In the device manager go down the list and expand the Ports(COM & LPT) sub list.  Double clicke the adapter line and go to Port Setting and hit the advanced button.  You can than move the port to whatever you want so it'll match the cutting software.  Hope this helps