Vermonster

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut...and a plotter :)

Just as an update....

Fedex site is showing...

Oct 1, 2008  5:00 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery   

BARRINGTON, NJ 

The Bunny is getting anxious!!

OK.  So I got it put together.  Unless I'm using wrong screws... there should be 12 long thin ones for attaching the pillars to the feet with wheels (4 per side totalling B) and then 4 for the center brace.  I got 10 in the last one, and had just pilfered one from the pillar support and had to do the same on this one.  So, not sure whats up with that, but I will say...

There must be completely different stock going out of Chicago than Washington...or something.  This plotter has the ground wire included, and it also has the grounding plug on the back of the machine for the wire like BannerJohn mentioned having in the grounding post here... where as the one from Chicago didnt.  I'm not complaining though  :lol:

Looks like this:

newplotter2.jpg

So, little bummed though about one of the roller bars for the material... It spins wobbly... like the end isn't on correctly and I'm not going to force nothing and make it worse... that will obviously cause draw issues on the vinyl, and possibly roller slippage, in the event I am doing something pretty big and don't pre-roll the material out.  I'll see how it performs....

Oh, experienced the "Carraige Off" issue, so I thought I'd post for others to see what it looks like...Very easy to fix.  Just push it back NORTH (spring loaded) and let it come to rest IN the track.  No Biggie...

width=800 height=600http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/reefitup/newplotter3.jpg[/img]

One thing i did want to mention... the pillars.  They're not wrapped with any protective material, and from rattling around during shipping, they get very scratched up.  Happened with both machines from both sites...

width=800 height=600http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/reefitup/newplotter1.jpg[/img]

From a functionality standpoint... I just did a quick test cut from the machine and it looked alot better than the other one, so I'm going to run some vinyl through it and see how it does.

FINGERS....CROSSED.... 

The Wabbit has his tweezers at the ready!!

Couple iffy cuts, but overall ok.  I'm going to test some more in the next day or two.  This is one I had previously cut on my roland, so I kinda of knew what to expect with this...

respectthesistas.jpg

that cut looks good.

post a pic of the roller end and let me have a peek