Vermonster

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut...and a plotter :)

Thanks Ken.  I appreciate it.  I realize you're doing what you can.  If Karl has these "policies" that make no sense, you can only do what you can...

I think maybe you guys should rethink your "policy" on this.  Under warranty, yes, I can see that... but having the item arrive damaged and being brand spanking new...I shouldn't have to pay to ship it back to you for repair.  Additionally, I shouldn't have to take a brand new machine apart and repair it myself either...  Depending on the involvement, I am willing to discuss it, but after reviewing this US Cutter policy, obviously it has me concerned.

I know we discussed this, and you know where I stand.  I've been FAR more willing to work with you guys than the average person would have.  I think most people would have already started filing for chargebacks and leaving negative feedback and posting all across the internet.

I mean, I've given you guys a week to come up with something on this and Me fixing it myself or Me paying to ship it back to you guys to fix were the 2 options, and neither one really seem reasonable given this was broken out of the box... Ebay seems to agree with me...

Nothing is carved in stone, and if we cannot resolve the issue with the new part to your satisfaction, I will do what I can to get a call tag issued.

I put it over by shipping so they can get it out to you. Whether it makes it out today or tomorrow is up to them now. Mondays are the busiest days fo the week, so for sure if it does not go out today, it will go out tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

I put it over by shipping so they can get it out to you.

When did you do that?  We talked on the phone about the part on Friday of last week and you said on Friday you'd try to get it out on Friday, if not Monday....

:-  uh... I'm starting to see a trend here and I'm REALLY starting to regret my decision here. 

I think my kindness with this situation has been mistaken for something else.  I need someone to contact me (preferably KARL)

Machine arrived, broken on 12th and I notified you guys on the 12th...  and it's the 22nd and I still don't have a part even mailed out yet?? 

KEN, just got off  the phone with Karl.  He needs to talk with you and come up with a gameplan for the morning on how you guys are going to handle this.

Looking forward to a phone call tomorrow morning...

Morning came and went... it's going on 1:30pm here...

Karl indicated I'd get a call around 11:00 - 11:30am Eastern...

Ken hasn't been on the forums yet today but when he gets on I am sure he will see that you need calling.

And apparently Karl doesn't READ these forums because he acted like he had NO idea ANY of this was going on when I talked to him and he told me he would get with Ken 1st thing in the morning and call me.

Karl...he's the owner, right? 

Brilliant....

And apparently Karl doesn't READ these forums because he acted like he had NO idea ANY of this was going on...

Brilliant....

I'm sure he doesn't. That's what we have mods for.

Yeah, well, If I had a forum set up like this... and it was 3 clicks to find out what people REALLY thought about my company, and how I was doing... I would be all over the website, not Moderating...but reading...

I understand the need for having Moderators...but where else can an owner get a more profound grip on what their customers really think...than here...

Sorry... I'm just REALLY loosing my patience with US Cutter here...

I just keep hearing they're going to get me straight...but I've not seen anything in 11 days now...

EDIT:

And actually, while we're on the topic.  When I spoke with Karl yesterday I specifically said that I would alter MY plans to make sure I would be available for his phone call this morning when he told me that he couldn't tell me how he was going to make things right for me over here because he was getting ready to leave the office and didn't want to make any "Rash" decisions... 

Then I get an email from Ken telling me "he'd LIKE to thank me for my patience....but...."

So certainly, one could EASILY see my frustration here...

THis isn't the US Cutter website. It is a forum provided by US Cutter so that members can help each other out. WE are lucky that anyone from US Cutter actually visits here at all. Most companies that proviode user forums seldom heve a representative on the forums on a regular basis and are VERY specific that the forums are USER forums.

AS far as 'what customers really think'...did it ever occur to you that people with NO PROBLEMS don't usually post on forums? Yes,there are lots of posts here about people with problems...and most of them are nice enough to post back when the problem is solved...which it usually is.

Would you like to know what the 'support' for my other cutter is? Maybe an answer to an email after a few days,almost always in broken English,and usually useless.

WE are lucky to have what we have. And if Karl is the President of the company, I am sure he has better things to do than read the forums. For all I know he doesn't know one end of a cutter from the other.

I found a little patience in the beginning worked out great - all issues were resolved and I have purchased other us cutter items.  this is mail order and not as easy as taking it back to best buy.  If you need instantaious results the look at a $2000+ roland or Graphtec from a local distributor.  I have never seen anyone work so hard on a budget Item as Ken does but he is dealing with many newbies that also need help.  Patience pays great dividends!

good luck

Just wanted to respond a little here...both in MY defense, and US Cutters defense...

I found a little patience in the beginning worked out great

To imply that I've been anything less than impatient, is unfair.  I've had this plotter, non-working mind you, nearly 2 full weeks now.  Initially I was presented the opportunity to either A - Fix my own plotter or B pay to ship it back to them which I kind of saw as being somewhat unfair considering it arrived broken (this has since been remedied).  I wasn't looking for "instantaious" resolution.  I was just looking for a gameplan and some follow through, that's all...and I've owned Roland plotters before...and I'm familiar with this industry and how things work.  I'm not over here trying to run jpg's through a plotter. I have expectations that have been set from doing this before...

THis isn't the US Cutter website. It is a forum provided by US Cutter so that members can help each other out.

That certainly isn't the impression one would get.  Well, not the part about members helping members. I see alot of that going on, and try to participate in sharing the help whenever possible...Well, to cut that up a little, if they provide it, then it really does belong to US Cutter one would imagine... but having Ken and others from the company operating on here, helping people sure makes it seem so.

AS far as 'what customers really think'...did it ever occur to you that people with NO PROBLEMS don't usually post on forums?

Yes, I am.  I'm aware that customers who are happy normally don't assist in advertising, it's usually the irate ones that help with advertising, and it's usually poor advertising.  I've been in business long enough to know that if you're lucky...MAYBE one or two people out of 100 who ARE happy with your service or product, will take the time to tell someone about it, but practically anyone who is UNHAPPY with it will tell anyone and everyone.  I get that completely... Honestly, one of the things that impressed me about US Cutter when I started looking a couple months ago, was this forum.  I saw it was a way to get good communication with them and get machine specific help.  Something I've not seen much of in the plotter industry

Yes,there are lots of posts here about people with problems...and most of them are nice enough to post back when the problem is solved...which it usually is

And hopefully, that will be the case with me.  As I told Karl earlier, I have NO problem shouting through the canyons about how wonderful US Cutter is, provided they can get me a working unit and get me up and going.   I've not gone to other sign boards that I'm a member of, and researched anyone asking about US Cutter and throttled anyone here.  I kept it to this site, and I kept to the facts.  The measure of one's success is NOT whether or not problems occurred, but how they worked those problems through to their resolution... and I fully understand that, and think most people do. 

And if Karl is the President of the company, I am sure he has better things to do than read the forums

This is where I'd have to disagree with you John.  As the owner of a company, knowing people will complain when all is not right and good...and providing a forum where people will do just that...would find this to be an EXCELLENT source to find out what's going on with my business and keep it isolated in one spot as much as possible, also affording me the opportunity to get it resolved before having it sprawled across the internet. I think Karl understands that, and I think his comment to me is that he doesn't get to read the forums as much as he'd like to...

We can agree to disagree or whatever, but there are General Business Feedback forums here, not for the boards, but for US Cutter.  One would come to this site, and see other postings where people got help, and could reasonably ascertain, that's what this site is for.  Having said that, I DO think there is a DEFINITIVE difference in

A.  Finding this site after you bought a plotter, posting to thrash the company and create havoc until you get your way

B.  Joining the site months in advance, helping out when I didn't even have a plotter on hand, getting a broken plotter and having some issues with it, and all the while, still helping out where possible on the forums with folks that need the help.

Personally, I think "A" is a crappy way to do things. At no point did I join this site a while ago, help people while plotter-less, just to anticipate an issue where I didn't feel like I was being remediated, and all the while still come and help people who needed some help.

MOVING FORWARD...                                         

Having said that, I've Talked with Karl on the phone and I DO appreciate them getting back to me.  I realize they're making an attempt at working through this with me, and it's much appreciated!!  They're stepping up and working with me and replacing (not repairing) the new cutter which was a concern of mine.  I'll have a working plotter when it's all said and done, and have absolutely ZERO complaints or ill feelings towards US Cutter.  I just want what I paid for..that's all, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm definitely heading in the direction to being made a happy US Customer  :thumbsup:

Just as a heads up... they came and got the plotter today and it's showing on the website already.  I emaild you guys the tracking this morning.

As per our arrangement, he was sending a  tested unit today and would provide me the tracking number today.  Please let me know how that's going.  It's about 2:45pm EDT over here on the RIGHT HAND coast :thumbsup:

Update if anyone still cares....

:- Well, despite Karl's assurance that the unit would be shipped today, and I'd get a tracking number TODAY... I have nothing.  So makes me wonder if it even shipped today or not...

33622931_3194227949.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]give me the tracking number....or the bunny gets it![/glow]

Thanks Ken  :thumbsup:   Keep them big wheels turnin over there... Well the plotter is in transit and WAS shipped yesterday...  Thanks Karl... Should have it in a week...  I see why you guys use the fullfilment center in Chicago  ;D 

Muwahahaha...then it's ALL over for these customers!!!

And Yes...the bunny is spared  :)

And he is PARTYING IT UP!!

DrunkBunny-edwin1.jpg