Vermonster

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut...and a plotter :)

Hey guys.  Here's a suggestion...

When someone drops $300.00 with your company...[glow=red,2,300]acknowledge them[/glow]? 

I don't mean to complain or anything, but it's a viable suggestion.  I've been hanging out on this site for MONTHS before purchasing a plotter, but I finally bought one on Sunday and paid for it...SERIOUSLY...before my invoice even came in on it I think.  Was kind of expecting to hear something about shipping on Monday...tracking number or something...  I sent a message to you.  Asked you 2 questions... HOW it would ship and WHEN it would ship. 

The response from Marcus was "It will be shipped via Fedex ground." -  Well, great, but the question of WHEN was never answered.  So I responded yesterday 15 min later.... asking Again....when and if I'd get a tracking number.  So far...no reply back.... 

So I know you guys have had problems in the past (which really ALMOST prevented me from wanting to use your company) with having a shortage of folks, but I see the guys like Ken running around busting their butts on this site (guy SERIOUSLY deserves a raise IMHO) and I figured I'd go with you guys anyway.  I figured last night I'd wait to see if something comes out today...  I mean, your PBX says most purchases ship within 24 hours....

I've not gotten really any emails or anything acknowedging me (other than the normal automated junk) and definitely not anything on shipping my plotter...

Just kinda bummed about my experience so far.  I don't like nagging people and I feel like I am, but I think if you buy something on Sunday, pay instantly, and by Tuesday morning (given time zone differences with you guys on the left coast) I would expect to have heard SOMETHING...anything...

After being around the boards I was kind of expecting something a little different...who knows, maybe things will turn around   :-

Well...Good old Ken emailed me but nothing difinitive...so I got home and figured I'd call.  Talked to Max who said it is supposed to be shipping today and he'll email me a tracking number.  He said it's shipping via UPS not Fedex as I was told previously by Marcus but we'll have to see what happens.

Coming from Chicago...hope it's here by the weekend...cause UPS here is horrible.  We went through the shipping calculator in the auction (yeah, I know it's free) to see if we could figure out who would be the carrier and it says FedEx... just as an FYI.

I'm guessing it was intentionally left out now

If you are closer to the East Coast, then it should ship from our fullfillment center in Chicago, which uses UPS exclusively. If we were to ship it from our warehouse near Seattle, then we would ship it via FedEx.

Obtaining a tracking number from the fullfillment center can be trying, but if we ship it, you should get an email with the tracking info.. Sometimes the email does not make it, so you can always phone us or email me, and I can lookup the requested info.. If the fullfillment center ships it, this may delay looking up the tracking info.

Not fun for the customer in some ways regarding tracking info., but by using the fullfillment center for East Coast customers, we usually shave 1-3 days off of transit times.

Sorry if you felt ignored, this was certainly not our intention.

:(

Thanks Ken  :(  You get a raise yet  ;D

again, I'm not forming any opinions about US Cutter based off of this, but it is important for the customer to get this info.

I work full time in another STATE during the day, so I REALLY gotta know when to expect it so I can make arrangements.  Not sure if they'd leave it or give me a slip but I'm out of luck in EITHER scenario since I'm usually not home during the day to pick it up from a UPS site, and I obviously don't want it left on the porch.

Shipping is the first taste a customer gets...so it should be a good taste (that's not copyrighted yet, but I'm workin on it)  ;D

And the taste gets sour.... ;D

After talking to MAX and being told it was shipping today, about 20 min later I got an email from him saying NO, it's shipping Wednesday..no excuse or apology or nothing...  So lets just recap this here...

- Auction ends Sunday and is paid for [glow=red,2,300]INSTANTLY[/glow]

- Monday no communication to Buyer

- Buyer initiates communication and asks How and When it's being shipped

- Marcus replies only "That it is shipping via FEDEX"

- Buyer asks again when it will ship and if I'll get a tracking number

- No response to 2nd request for shipping info, so the following day later buyer posts here

- 45 min later starts getting emails from Ken

- Buyer calls in to find out the shipping Status

- Buyer is told it's going via UPS not FedEx as was previously told

- Buyer is told by Max that the auction states shipping is 48 hrs after payment and it will ship today from Chicago (That's not in the auction BTW)

- 20 min after BUYER is told it is shipping today, he gets an email from Max saying now it's going out on Wednesday NOT on Tuesday (as buyer was previously told) - No excuse, just a matter of fact type email I would have expected to get originally on Monday and never did...as if we never even spoke!

- Now buyer is [glow=red,2,300]TICKED OFF [/glow] because cutter will NOT arrive for the upcoming weekend which is why I did the Sunday auction...

Your Mail option on the PBX when you call your company says that "most items ship within 24 hours"  :(

Guys, this right here SUCKS! Seriously...

If we are able to get the tracking info. from the fullfillment center, then we should be able to phone UPS and instruct them to NOT leave it on the front porch, but maybe around back? Would also give us an idea of when it is set to be delivered so you could possibly plan your day around the delivery.

Can I apologize on behalf of Max and the shipping department, even though that is out of my hands?

Not to make excuses, but they have been battling with our order system importing orders from eBay, and some customers have been waiting a week to get something shipped. I know we discussed updating the software in the morning meeting, so I am hoping that will happen soon to avoid future issues such as this. It should have shipped today. It still may get there by Friday if it is shipping from Chicago.

Once again, I apologize for any confusion or contradictory information you received from the shipping department.

:-

You got to have some broad shoulders to be Ken  :-   

Honestly, the boards are rittled with you apologizing for the shipping issues.  This isn't something new...it seems it's been going on for a while. 

Honestly, I wouldn't have cared one BIT if someone had emailed me upfront and told me it would ship on Wed...really I wouldn't -

Not getting communicated to, getting is-information, and having things change with no explanation after you're told one thing over the phone...unfortunately...can't be remedied with all the software in the world.  That's just basic customer service stuff...

So, what's the refund policy??

You got to have some broad shoulders to be Ken  :-   

Honestly, the boards are rittled with you apologizing for the shipping issues.  This isn't something new...it seems it's been going on for a while. 

Honestly, I wouldn't have cared one BIT if someone had emailed me upfront and told me it would ship on Wed...really I wouldn't -

Not getting communicated to, getting is-information, and having things change with no explanation after you're told one thing over the phone...unfortunately...can't be remedied with all the software in the world.  That's just basic customer service stuff...

So, what's the refund policy??

Naw, it has been alot better since Max started, and I really do not envy his position with all of the new products coming in every week it seems. He busts his butt, as does Jaster and everyone else, myself included. Unfortunately we do make boo-boos, and this one could have been handled better. Sorry to have failed you.

I do believe you spoke to Karl, our President, so hopefully he smoothed things out for you because I have not got the details of your conversation yet.

Anyways, we will do what we can to make things right for you I am certain.

:huh:

I do believe you spoke to Karl, our President, so hopefully he smoothed things out for you because I have not got the details of your conversation yet.

Not many details to be had.

He pretty much apologized...and listed to me ramble for a few min...

We'll see how it goes though.  As mentioned before, I'm not new around plotters.  I knew to start getting some jobs lined up in anticipation of the plotter, get the artwork done and approved, so hopefully no other shoes will drop here... I'm starting to fill my hopper based on this machine arriving and working  :huh:

So I got my finners crozzed.  I used to own Rolands so maybe I was 'born with a silver exacto in my hands"  :D

Squirrel MAY be getting a nut today  ;D

Those 3 special words, everyone likes to hear now and again... They make you feel special, loved, and like you really belong...and matter....  "Out For Delivery"

Squirrel MAY be getting a nut today  ;D

Those 3 special words, everyone likes to hear now and again... They make you feel special, loved, and like you really belong...and matter....  "Out For Delivery"

Great news!

;D

The NUT has landed....The NUT has landed  ;D

Very impressed with the shipping time once it got on it's way.  I honestly didn't think it would get here till Monday.

QUESTION THOUGH - Inside of the box, there's one of those little packages.  It says SILICA, DO NOT EAT - Well, I ate it... what do I do?

;D

Time to play!!

The NUT has landed....The NUT has landed   ;D

Very impressed with the shipping time once it got on it's way.  I honestly didn't think it would get here till Monday.

QUESTION THOUGH - Inside of the box, there's one of those little packages.  It says SILICA, DO NOT EAT - Well, I ate it... what do I do?

;D

Time to play!!

don't worry...to quote George Harrison "all things must pass"

LOL

Not sure I understand the Vinyl Hanger portion of this, and I think I'm missing 2 long screws that bolt up on the underside.  I had 10 long screws and it seems like I should have had 4 for each pillar and 2 for each side of the cross member... but I am missing 2 pillar screws (unless I'm putting it together wrong)

Vinyl hanger...  ;D  i'm still monkeying around and I didn't see a tutorial anywhere (gives me soemthign to do this weekend)

when I try to roll out some material it's making an awful sound and it stops (just the motor).  If I let go and press again, it shoots a tiny bit more material out, then stops again.

On the left hand side of the grit roller, I noticed something like a black piece of plastic pivioting around the roller erratically.  The left side definitely doesn't match the right side.  That plastic piece moves on the left, where as it doesn't on the right.

post-2505-12986524868423_thumb.jpg

post-2505-12986524897507_thumb.jpg

here's the sound.  It WAS advancing ok  initally.  I had it advance like 12 inches or so fine.  I did a test cut, and it cut fine, then I went back and tried to advance vinyl and it would only go little bit at a time and made this horrible noise....

Please don't tell me this is broken out of the box...

th_GEDC1468.jpg

the grit roller appears to either not be attached to anything on the left side, or broke from what it was attached maybe?  The entire grit roller moves on the left side.  The right side doesn't do that

:P

ken will tell you to take the side panel off and make sure that nothing has come lose. Maybe a belt slipped off or something.