BannerJohn

Basic Manners

It has been brought to my attention that some of the members who take the time to find and post graphics that have been requested,are getting frustrated when they see many downloads but not a single Thank You. Come on folks..it's not that hard. If people don't feel like their efforts are appreciated,they will stop makiing the effort.

For myself,it takes 10 minutes,sometimes more,to find,zip,and post a font when someone asks. Some say thank you,many do not. Lately, I've been waiting to see if someone else wants to post it before I take the time. And that's the feeling I am getting from others.

So,even if you DIDN'T request the graphic or font,but did Download it...a nice Thank You would be in order. A Little courtesy goes a long way.

• Like 4

Amen!

Even if somebody post a graphic and it is not what you were expecting, be thankful anyways. That person took the time and did the best effort to help you out.

Joe

I so agree John.  Many take time out of their busy day or stop a paying project to help someone in need.  A simple thank you goes a long way!!!

There are times that a graphic given to someone, may be what is needed to finish a project...don't you feel that person deserves a thanks?  It takes longer for you to download and save that graphic, you don't have 2 seconds to thank someone?

Kudos for posting this John!  :(

Thanks

Jenny

I have noticed this too. I haven't downloaded anything except what I asked for, and I always say thank you. But there are alot of people that never respond again after getting what they wanted.  :-

If your not nice to the people who help you out, they won't be so helpful next time.

Thank You to everyone who took the time to help me out when I needed it!  :(

Amber

well damn, have many times do we have to remind people to say thanks, it's terrible.

it really urks the hell out of me when people do it. i and others have said this in so many ways.

it's just ridiculous and rude. that's why i have reserved my help for people who i know will appreciate it.

thanks banner, but u know what they said... some will some won't. it's like beating a dead horse.

well,non...it will separate those with manners from those who have none,and we will know who NOT to help in future.

why do you guys always have to talk about me when I'm so tied up with my regular job???

LOL

I agree completely!!! That's one of the reasons ya'll don't see me so much anymore.

sometimes I don't mind if they say thanks or not,

JUST let us know if you got the graphic and it's what ya need or can use..

I've asked this many times before to those who request a graphic then never acknowledge (?) if they used it or not.

to me when they do it's a closed post.

I know there are times when I grab a graphic I asked for and have to run and forget to say thank you, and i'm very sorry for those times.. but it is nice to see who is using your graphics you post,,,

SO THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DO TAKE THE TIME TO POST EM....

one word..thanks...typed in a second or two, that is the acknowledgement. And as I said..it is way too often lacking.

As I have now been on this board for awhile, and was the new guy not so long ago, I have made very few requests. With every request if there was a response at all I always try to respond back. Even if they were just tilling me they didn't have what I was looking for.

I have downloaded many items and I have always tried to thank the person who took the time to post that item because I have learned how hard it is sometimes to find items. I have over 5GB of images now - I can image what some of the "old timers" have - WOW!

I am now to a point where I try to give back more then I take, but it's hard as some of you are too quick with the same images that I have.

I will keep trying and maybe someday I will be quicker then Benr98, nonabelle, BannerJohn and of course Joe!!

Guest rvgraphixs

Amen!

I posted 2 yesterday and no comments.

lol

I agree...This forum has been great and I may not have as much to post here as some...I will as my collection grows...Thanks for what you guys have done so far...Thanks from me :huh:

salute to all those that have helped me in the past! thank you very much! wish i could help some of you more often as i am still new to all of this.

Let's make it easy...

hank ou

I've already posted most of it... Now they just have to post  TY and we're good.  2 keys...two strokes...

LOL Terry, so by the looks of it, this has been an ongoing concern!!!

Maybe people have to sign an agreement sheet BEFORE they can join and be booted when they don't comply...lol.

Jenny

Guest Terry

ya.......Awhile, I have my names of the ones.  ;D

Hows it been going crazy lady.  ;D you keeping an eye on firemelt for me  ;D

I sure appreciate all the help that this community gives...  If we all wernt so kind, 90% of us couldnt be where we are today.  I give a BIG Thank You to all who not only post graphics, but share knowledge as well..  ;D  ;D

Guest Terry

hope I aint on Terry's List.... :thumbsup:

david

Don't be silly............ :)

All, I want to thank you for all you do to help folks here with their problems.  I work in a hospital in the imaging department IT staff.  I work with docs/radiologists and they are the most needy people in the world (sorry Rads!)  We work endless hours and 99.9% of the time we NEVER get a word of thanks.   I feel for your efforts here when you spend the time to help and never hear a word back.  However, You should take solace in the good work and Karma you are sending out for those you help.  Self gratification must (and I can tell is) be the motivator for what you do here for others.  Yes it is wonderful when someone you help does take the time to thank you. But feel no anger for those that don