JoeCamaro

My first A Stand Sign

Today I made my first A Stand Sign.

I want to thank to the members who gave me advice in my other post regarding this sign, specially to BannerJohn who was by my side on the gmail chat giving me instructions.

I applied the vinyl dry as the Stand has a rough texture. I wanted to try the wet method but maybe next time. I applied 2 lines of text at a time.

It gave me a hard time, for some reason the vinyl would stay stuck in the tape and not the stand, anyways I worked it out.

Here is the Stand prior to the installation. As you can see, I dont have a workshop, I work wherever possible around the house, so this time I worked on the living room table.

standsign2.jpg

Here it is with one side almost done.  See how it is missing a N in the top word. I only damaged to letters, which I replaced later.

width=400 height=600http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp288/JoeCamaro/standsign3.jpg[/img]

Here is the finished product. I think it looks good.

width=400 height=600http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp288/JoeCamaro/standsign.jpg[/img]

This is for a friend so I didnt charge much. It took me 4 yards of vinyl which costs me around $1 a yard and I charged her $50 for the work. The stand cost me $85 and I charged her $100, so I got $15 off the stand. I know I should charge more, but 1. it was for a friend 2. it was the first one and I didnt know how it was going to work.

I hope I get more business out of this.

Joe

That looks great! I guess I forgot to tell you one thing...on textured surfaces like that...I use a tennis ball to get the vinyl down really good before I remove the tape. IT works!

Well it is a little bit late John  ;D I already fought with the vinyl. I wont forget it next time. Thank you BJ

Thank you too PattyT, Ralais and Dakotagrafx  :(

Thank you all! I appreciate it  :(

I know it is simple, but it is my first so Im excited  ;D Also, they didnt want any graphic, just text. They have a cart, like a hot dog cart, but bigger and they sell breakfast and lunch by the side of the road. So they need drivers to know what they offer.

I delivered first time in the morning and they loved it! Now they want some smaller signs to put on the sides of the cart  ;D

Joe

Guest kenya

Looks Great Joe......

I don't know what it says, but it's very nice- :huh:.

Looks Great Joe......

I don't know what it says, but it's very nice- :P.

It just food names

I guess you understood hot dogs, hambugers and sandwiches ;)

Thanx signme!  ;D

Joe