Sign in to follow this  
mastertec

PCut Reboot Issue Revisted

Hi Ken!

The rebooting issue has reared its ugly head again. Remember, whenever you take the unit offline and attempt to advance the vinyl forward, the unit reboots, performs it checksum test and comes back up. The unit cuts normally and moves the vinyl back and forth just fine. We thought it could possibly be the keyboard. Should I call you to discuss this?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in response. I'll check those things before I call. Thanks.

Please keep me posted.

It appears that you may be onto something with the loose connection. I took the keyboard section apart. I checked the hardline connection to the ribbon cable socket from the key membrane and all seemed OK. I then pushed gently on the flat ribbon cable socket, both inserting the cable and making sure the teeth inside the socket reseated. I have not had the reboot issue so far. It has been 3 days now. So far so good. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem. if not, I'll let you know.

It appears that you may be onto something with the loose connection. I took the keyboard section apart. I checked the hardline connection to the ribbon cable socket from the key membrane and all seemed OK. I then pushed gently on the flat ribbon cable socket, both inserting the cable and making sure the teeth inside the socket reseated. I have not had the reboot issue so far. It has been 3 days now. So far so good. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem. if not, I'll let you know.

:thumbsup: