Sign in to follow this  
Rodger

silly , opinionated humor

WOW , I apologize if anybody thinks my panties are wedged up or if i offended anybody  ;D . I have no problem with anybody ( well knobill isnt on my buddy list ;) ) . I have had no tension with anybody but slopshops & knobhill . knobhill has changed the attitude & i am glad . I am not for anybody leaving  . I would rather everybody adjust if it bothers anybody . I'm adjusting right now ( limit my weird humor , repeat to myself limit my weird humor .... OOPS I'm doing it again ) .

regards , Rodger

At least you named me directly in this thread as one on your list rather than bash and attack me again. One step forward.

No offense but I am watching.

group hug !!!  ;)

I started this thread making a funny about recent things as Haumana surmised ( She was 1 of the members I knew would get my humor  ;D ..  BannerJohn was the other member i thought would  also ... sorry you missed the laugh  ;D  .. Do Democrats have a good sense of humor  ;) 

I thought the subject title took any chance of it being taken serious away . Hmmm

I think some things have been brought out , that needed to be brought out & I'm glad . I think Ken's post regarding this & the replies to his post will benifit everybody as everyone had good points .

knobhill , I am sure I didn't bash & attack you . I am sure I voiced my opinion of how my pm to you was answered along with posts that you answered me in . I know I tried to crack some jokes when the general talk was about figuring out who was not being nice & several said it was hilarious . I consider it was me giving back to you , what you gave to me .. only in a humorous way ( when people try to make me mad , I consider it a gold medal if i make them mad while it makes me laugh . I don't take much serious & like FM , I don't sweat the small things or bigger things ) .

This is 1 of 2 forums i read . W.E.R.A. a motorcycle roadracing forum is the other . They ALSO have MAINLY intelligent , mature , humorous members that is entertaining & informative to discuss things with , EVEN if nobody agrees . I think that is what some members miss out on , There is no problem not agreeing , just don't make it personal . Read the replies unbiased in order to gain a different point of view , no matter what the subject . The other forum bans members starting with a 1 day ban & also ban permanent . Part of this thread had that in mind . Members that do what slopchops did , should join him ( hence the 1 down , 1 to go part of my 1rst post ) IMHO .

The others that have left is a loss for themselves & the forum . Newbies that are frustrated & go over the nice line should be given more chance to mature than longtime members who go over the nice line on a regular basis .

regards , Rodger

I think participating in this forum is something like dating someone new.

You meet the family and friends, be very polite, ask questions while freely admitting that you don't have a clue ... the honeymoon stage is over and you can give each other some good, fun "hard rubs" and hope that everyone finds humor in it and not take offense. But like in all things, there is a chance that you might offend someone.

It takes a while for everyone to get used to each others humor. That's the beauty of being ourselves  ;D

Now for those that actively choose to say things that are offensive ... that's a completely different story.

when people try to make me mad ' date=' I consider it a gold medal if i make them mad while it makes me laugh .

[/quote']

See, now that is just down right hilarious ... but I suspect that not everyone is as comfortable with conflict and debate as you and I.  ;)  So were you labelled a 'Trouble Maker' as a kid too? I was ... got me a black eye in kindergarten too. Obviously the only lesson that I've learned is to choose the my verbal opponents wisely. banana.gif

speaking of dating ............I wonder if my wife would mind if i flew over there to take you on a date ;) I wonder if your SO would mind .... LOL

but seriously , I know we would have a great friendship in person ( until you got mad at me , because you couldn't take my humor .. OH YEAH .. I would win   ;) .

regards , Rodger

BTW .. I'm confused  ... You asked me  " if i was labelled as a Trouble Maker as a kid too ? " ........... I'm not a kid  ;D

This is 1 of 2 forums i read . W.E.R.A. a motorcycle roadracing forum is the other .

See... I knew I liked you for some reason. I used to roadrace myself.

There is no problem not agreeing , just don't make it personal.

Good advice!  ;D

The other forum bans members starting with a 1 day ban & also ban permanent .

Good suggestion  ;)

Members that do what slopchops did , should join him ( hence the 1 down , 1 to go part of my 1rst post ) IMHO .

I must alopogize to ya, Rodger... I was under the impression you were referring to recent members who had left on their own. I was not aware that Slop got bannned.

The others that have left is a loss for themselves & the forum .

Agreed... and I wouldn't mind seeing one of them come back!

Newbies that are frustrated & go over the nice line should be given more chance to mature than longtime members who go over the nice line on a regular basis.

I could agree with that...

Overall, great post Rodger... thanks for clearing a few things up for me, and I sorry for my rude reply earlier in this thread, I just "assumed" you were talking about other people.

That's great FM , I knew we would not have any problem . I think  it's best to iron things out instead of letting things go . Sometimes things should be let go , but to have a really good friendship , it's not good to bury little negatives , sometimes they build up & come back out perverted . I thought you were one of the people that would get a kick out of " silly opinionated humor " & now understand your post  ;). Glad we cleared it up . I roadraced a couple of years , but not alot of races . Did a 6 hour Endurance @ Summit point ( & sprints ) , sprints at Pocomo & Roebling road . It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on !!! Too dangerous , i like dirtbike riding alot more & it's ALOT cheaper .

regards , Rodger

Peace brother, with what I put up'd with on this site I hope you understand I'm a bit gun shy. I help when I can and now react when needed. My sense of humor has been at an all time low.

Peace brother, with what I put up'd with on this site I hope you understand I'm a bit gun shy. I help when I can and now react when needed. My sense of humor has been at an all time low.

This is cool !  I call peace also :thumbsup: . I & most people apply this philosophy ,  " treat me good , I'll treat you better ... treat me bad , I'll treat you worse " .  Humor is a good thing & is alot more fun than conflict .  ( I'm not saying conflict isn't fun  :bear: , just not as much as humor !!! ) What a person dishs out , is what they get back . Best not to dish out what isn't pleasant coming back .

I officially change part of my 1rst post to " 1 down , 1 to change "  ( I thought every resident member would have understood & laughed at the 1rst post , including you  ;D )

I understand what your saying and agree fully but you may have not seen what I went through here with others. The first threads where deleted by me to protect this site. The rest is history. Let's continue to build this place into something to be proud of.

I joined this forum 6-29-07 & have read the posts almost every day since then . I remember what you are talking about ( you joined April 21 , 07 for any readers interest ;D ) & my last post was in consideration of exactly that ... I would rather put things to rest & go along with the later part of your post . My opinion is your description is not accurate at all ! You need a reality check if you think you didn't start all of that... You should clear your mind & reread what posts of yours are still here , If you don't think many of them are abrasive ... let me give you some great advice ... NEVER go to far from the interstate down south , bad things would happen because of your attitude ( I don't go real far because my sense of humor could get me in trouble  :thumbsup: ). I'll be glad if you change your attitude as you have lately ( maybe do more Beavis & Butthead humor  ;D ) .

Well Friends , this post if for entertainment ONLY !

( disclaimer ; Blah Blah Blah , Yada Yad Yada )

1 down , 1 to go ....

( If you don't understand , don't bother to ask ( READ & figure it out ) . Can't answer without starting trouble .  ;D )

I hope most AGREE

Well Friends , The " prophecy " has come to pass ... Let's all practice common courtesy even if we disagree on anything . Disagreeing & debating is ok as long as it DOESN'T get PERSONAL . Disagreeing - debating isn't a win/lose contest situation ( at least it doesn't have to be ) , it is a means to understand some others viewpoints & gain perspectives , which results in positive things . Even if a meeting of the minds is not reached , we can agree we disagree .  :)

This is my perspective about some head butting going on lately ( not me directly )  :) .

It seems 1 member isn't missing a opportunity taking a shot directed towards BannerJohn . ( that's like tugging on Superman's cape .. Jim Croce song  :) ) John is as nice of a person , respectfull & realistic as I ever had contact with & he is a Mod ... Forum suicide if you ask me .

I personally enjoy discussing things with people that don't agree with me until it gets personal , bad attitude or the other person tries to drive their point home continuously . Positive things can come out of comparing experience , views , opinions , likes & dis-likes whether you agree or disagree . DOESN"T mean 1 person's view has to be wrong . there are many variables & what works for some might not work well for others .

Making it personal or constantly trying to drive a particular point across is what got slopchops & knobhill a permanent vacation from this forum & inspired this thread . When responding , err on the nice side . Attitude means alot .. I can get cussed with some attitudes & laugh ... I can get called sir with some attitudes & get enraged . Agree to disagree & leave it at that !

I tried to give slopchops & knobhill a heads up , but they would not change . I hope everybody ( myself included ) stays comprehensive about what they type & keep this forum civil  .  ;D

Seems some can't let certain points alone . Constantly driving the point(s) home has me predicting " 2 down , 1 to go "  . There really is room enough for disagreeing without the subtle jabs . I hope that I never get hit with the ban hammer , BUT I am certain BannerJohn won't !