Sign in to follow this  
Rodger

silly , opinionated humor

Well Friends , this post if for entertainment ONLY !

( disclaimer ; Blah Blah Blah , Yada Yad Yada )

1 down , 1 to go ....

( If you don't understand , don't bother to ask ( READ & figure it out ) . Can't answer without starting trouble .  ;D )

I hope most AGREE

recent hot threads etc

Too many bullshit games going on around... boring...

That's probably why you've seen alot less of the top posters... this kinda crap get old.

That's probably why you've seen alot less of the top posters... this kinda crap get old.

the BS just might disappear altogther. Keep an eye on the forums.

Hmmm , sorry if I bored you . The thread's title should have warned you not to waste your time .This thread was for a few I know have similiar opinions & humor . I would agree many of the posts are boring especially in this section . if something exciting was going on , I wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer reading as many threads . BUT seems that what this section is for . If we stayed stricly to technical stuff , that would serve the main purpose of the forum . But humor & conversation can be had by others than " the top posters " , especially in sections like " Off Topic ". I think everybody burns out on anything after awhile & change speeds . Many come back , others like the guys & gals from last year have not . I find it funny to open this forum & see that some member has replied to about every new post . I usually read thru them anyway while i watch TV & listen to Napster . Guess I'm bored doing boring things  :D but I don't feel obliged to rain on anybody elses parade , so to speak .

regards , Rodger

... I find it funny to open this forum & see that some member has replied to about every new post . I usually read thru them anyway while i watch TV & listen to Napster . Guess I'm bored doing boring things  ;D but I don't feel obliged to rain on anybody elses parade , so to speak .

regards , Rodger

[wondering which forum member he's thinking of]  ;D

... I find it funny to open this forum & see that some member has replied to about every new post . I usually read thru them anyway while i watch TV & listen to Napster . Guess I'm bored doing boring things  ;D but I don't feel obliged to rain on anybody elses parade , so to speak .

regards , Rodger

[wondering which forum member he's thinking of]  ;D

I am thinking about myself & almost every other member , & that isn't a negative thought/comment . I think posting in almost every new post shows enthusiasm & is a way to zone out of other things that may be bothersome . I know that is how it is for me . I get absorbed into reading many things on here techical & everything else , even including the rude stuff that has been done . Like i said " treat me good , I'll treat you better.. treat me bad, I'll treat you worse " is what i try to practice .

Like FiveStar said/remebers , there used to be days that went by & not 1 new post about anything . When i say something is funny , that means i enjoy it , I use the word weird when i don't like things .

It's also the same reason this site lost 2 GREAT members in the last 2 weeks, and roughly 2000 posts went with them, over 700 of mine were in those 2000 and you best believe almost all of mine were worth saving, thats a promise, save your witty response to this post cause I will not be back to read it.

Anyone that wants to talk to me you know where to find.

Have a blessed evening/morning Rodger  ;D

Regards, Jason (formally known as wildstylegrafix) Now deleted account !!!

The 1 person that left was bashing USCutter & was based on terminating emploment at USCutter . I don't think the discussions here had much to do with him leaving on his own . The other member you are talking about i think is slopchops . He had been rude in about 50 % of his posts since joining . I went & read all his posts & I would have banned him alot sooner . He got warned MANY times . There is 1 more person who " I think should get the boot " ( hence this thread )  :) !!! That person has been a source of unposiitive " snotty " things & does not fit in with all the nice people here IMHO & anybody who keeps up with things in this forum would know who it is . I kick it in a faster gear when people bash me , but others here got/get offended (  Jason ,I am wondering why you got offended because i have no clue ;D ) I hate it when people are not nice to people that don't strike back . Seems the offensive people make a snotty- abusive post directed at someone & the attacked just let it go . Weird though... you rate & value your own posts .. always best to let others pat you on the back , when one has to pat themselves on the back , probly because nobody else is .

1 member felt obliged to tell me this thread is boring , I respect the right to do that , but wonder if that member is going to remind every thread if they think that thread is boring also ?  It surprises me as that member has always seemed more than friendly with everyone :)

I've said here that I have a sense of humor some can't take for long . sorry .. just ignore me if you can .. IF you can PLEASE send my poor wife the instructions on how to do that  ;D .

regards , Rodger

I really don't know what this thread is about but I will say this...yes, a few have left...either for good reason (in their mind) or for no good reason at all that I could see.

A few have been given the boot... which I can tell you they EARNED  with their own words.

I've visited a few of the other forums...some are full of elitists who look down on those of us who started with nothing (or nearly nothing) and made a success of it...some of the forums are just like big off-topic chat rooms,offering very little real advice on anything.

If someone wants to leave the forums fow whatever reason,it is their business to do so. But the only ones getting hurt by it are themselves,and those here who need their help.

I joined the forums to get help...I now try to offer help,in whatever area I am qualified to do so. That is what this forum is about.

Rodger... I don't have any beef with you, and I don't recall us disagreeing on anything in the past. I typically get along with just about anybody with my laid back/don't sweat the small stuff attitude. I just care for "games" or politics on the forum.

It kinda seems like this forum has been in a funk for the last 2 or 3 weeks... I'm not sure what events have taken place to put it in this kinda mood setting or if even other members feel the same sense? Nevertheless... this place has helped me out a ton when I first started, and I'd like to pass on the knowledge to others just entering the decal industry.

FYI... I believe Wild was talking about Tykite and himself. And I will be one of the first to say that BOTH of them have assisted me to a great deal in the past... and furthermore, some may not agree, but this forum HAS lost 2 great, helpful members!  :-

I will agree 100% with FM about the mood here lately...........I think anyone here for those couple of ordeals...is just taken back.

We all are here to learn, support and help others and try to have some fun as well.  I mean if I couldn't be here to raze FM every chance I get...my days wouldn't be the same!!  ;D  ;D

It's hard to see people getting hurt...........aren't we all striving for the same goal?  Isn't that why many of us first joined?

Jen

Holy bat crap batman, is someone haveing a bad week ? Rodger I would just let it all go and dont read or respond to the members you are having the personal issue with. This forum is big enough for everyone, dont let people eat at you that live miles and states away. ! I think Mr. Grumpy pants needs a Hugg..  ;D ;D ;D

Roger, all,

Last 2-3 days is the only time I've seen this forum go far off on one tangent.  I jumped into the political foray for a bit but, have dropped out of it.  I have other places to vent/argue those issues and it was not fun to look at the list of new posts and all but, maybe one was political.  Politics is very important to me but, this is a very helpful and friendly forum for colaboration on vinyl cutting.  I jumped over the fence and won't easily do that again in this forum (or similar forums).  The couple PM exchanges I had on politics were positive and cordual even from/to the folks I disagree with.  That to me says a lot for their character reguardless of political differences.   

Mostly good folk here and I R workin' toward being one. 

Regis

WOW , I apologize if anybody thinks my panties are wedged up or if i offended anybody  ;D . I have no problem with anybody ( well knobill isnt on my buddy list ;D ) . I have had no tension with anybody but slopshops & knobhill . knobhill has changed the attitude & i am glad . I am not for anybody leaving  . I would rather everybody adjust if it bothers anybody . I'm adjusting right now ( limit my weird humor , repeat to myself limit my weird humor .... OOPS I'm doing it again ) .

regards , Rodger

Politics and religion......blah.

Perhaps I should be more strict about the content members post on the forum if it is going to stir up so much conflict. I have done my best to be as lenient as possible, sometimes to a fault, but I do not like having to remove posts and I pray that members keep it clean and within the boundries of the forum rules. So far it has gone smooth, with a few minor bumps in the road. With the Presidential race heating up, I can see several conflicts of interest that are posted that could be taken the wrong way from someone on the other side of the fence.

I am certain that there is no malice intended, but the subject is very fragile, and I am thinking we should do away with Political content of any kind. To me it appears to be the culprit for some of the "funk" as of late.

There are hundreds of forums in place with thousands of threads about politics, so if you feel the need, you can vent, rant, state your opinion, or whatever- but do it there, and not here maybe?

Any thoughts?

;D

<SNIP>

Any thoughts?

I have a few Ken. I have been on various nets/forums for well over a dozen years. Mostly military, some with more than 400 posts a day. Some with rules, some with none.

This is as friendly a place as I have ever been, it is a joy to be here. But, once you begin to discourage or delete posts then you change the make up of this forum, and you change the people who post, what they post, how they post, and eventually the postings drop off. I have seen 400 post a day forums with several thousand active members dry up in less than a year after sanctions were put into place.

You are dealing in a community of artistically minded people, they are free spirits, free thinkers, and placing blinders on them will only deter the overall performance of the net.

One simple rule exists on all of the nets I participate. There is no need to ban an individual, delete or ban a subject. Let the individual members judge who and what they want to read. Individuals are very capable of ignoring and deleting what they don't care to read.

Siblings get into terrible arguments, cat fights ensue. It is more likely to happen in a forum as one is not able to see the others body language, which speaks to about 70% of our communications. When that happens we misunderstand the posters intent, we question it, or we become defensive, or offensive, and minor riffs occur. The next day is a new day.

Those who are trouble makers, who stir the pot, will simply fade away if they are ignored.

Forums are special places, don't limit the potential.

Bob

<SNIP>

Any thoughts?

I have a few Ken. I have been on various nets/forums for well over a dozen years. Mostly military, some with more than 400 posts a day. Some with rules, some with none.

This is as friendly a place as I have ever been, it is a joy to be here. But, once you begin to discourage or delete posts then you change the make up of this forum, and you change the people who post, what they post, how they post, and eventually the postings drop off. I have seen 400 post a day forums with several thousand active members dry up in less than a year after sanctions were put into place.

You are dealing in a community of artistically minded people, they are free spirits, free thinkers, and placing blinders on them will only deter the overall performance of the net.

One simple rule exists on all of the nets I participate. There is no need to ban an individual, delete or ban a subject. Let the individual members judge who and what they want to read. Individuals are very capable of ignoring and deleting what they don't care to read.

Siblings get into terrible arguments, cat fights ensue. It is more likely to happen in a forum as one is not able to see the others body language, which speaks to about 70% of our communications. When that happens we misunderstand the posters intent, we question it, or we become defensive, or offensive, and minor riffs occur. The next day is a new day.

Those who are trouble makers, who stir the pot, will simply fade away if they are ignored.

Forums are special places, don't limit the potential.

Bob

This is how I have approached things thusfar, which may be why this is such a great community. The problem some members have is when racist or offensive material is posted based on a particular members view. May not seem offensive to the person posting it, and it may not be intended as malicious, but you raise a good point when you say that we are not face to face, which leaves more room for misunderstanding. Where do we draw the line?

Rodger - I didn't get the impression that your panties were in a wedge  ;D  I would like to think that I saw what your original post intended, and that was just to simply (and light heartedly) point out the views that many have and to just kind of get everyone to loosen up a bit .... I could be totally wrong, but that's how I chose to see it.

Sorry FM if this is a boring thread, but then again, I think some of the stuff in the off-topic section got boring after all the bantering that was happening in Jen's (innocent) VP Pick thread.

Hmm... I think it's Jen's fault for stirring up all this trouble with her thread!!! justkidding.gif You know I don't blame you thumbs.gif

I don't see any harm with this particular thread. No one has been hurt or been horribly flamed. I think the important question to be asking is, "Is the support in the other bulletin boards on this forum suffering because of this one?" If the answer is "no," than I would not worry about it.

That's just my 2c.gif

Ken sez: This is how I have approached things thusfar, which may be why this is such a great community.

Bob replies: It is exactly why it is such a great community.

Ken sez: The problem some members have is when racist or offensive material is posted based on a particular members view. May not seem offensive to the person posting it, and it may not be intended as malicious, but you raise a good point when you say that we are not face to face, which leaves more room for misunderstanding.

Bob replies: I have seen racist comments made that nobody said anything about, and other comments that had nothing racist in them at all that were deemed racist by individuals who were not members of any minority. But I have yet to see a flame war even begin to burn on this forum. That indicates that with exception and personal prejudice or bias the average member of this great community has grown beyond that childish sibling rivalry. It is for the ones who feel slighted to tend to that which slights them. If someone makes a comment that insults me I will take it back channel (private message) to them and them alone. I would expect that the same would be done should I openly insult any person, race, religious background, etc..

Ken sez: Where do we draw the line?

Bob replies: The line should be, IMHO, very basic, yet very defined. No vulgarity ... not hard to decide if one is vulgar or not, his/her body language has little to do with the vulgarity of language. A very enforceable rule that no one should have a problem interpreting. An occasional slip of the tongue may warrant warning, but we all know the difference between adult humor and vulgarity. And, this is not a Christian thing, it is just common decency and designed to make the adventure here more enjoyable. No personal attacks of any nature. Any personal, slanderous comments against any other member of this forum should be either not spoken, or done so privately to that individual not smeared across the forum in a search for support to belittle a member publicly. We are here for a common purpose, and we all have much to offer, and gain, from our mutual experience here. If someone posts something that you disagree with, respond with dignity, state your position clearly and with knowledge and links to support your stance. Or, simply let it go and train your thoughts on something more positive. Treat every member as the individual they are and as you would like to be treated and your experience here and in life in general will reap greater rewards than you can ever imagine.

Beyond that, I don't think that there is much of anything wrong with this forum. The country is going thru the blahs, it's an election year that began 8 months or so earlier than normal, we are no different than the rest of society ... we are tired of it, we want it to be over, it's dragging on too long and it's not even begun. It's only natural that we are in the dumps. But, I truly do not believe that the forum is in any trouble.

As for me, one final and important thought: I think that strict rules need to be created when banning someone and that it be a joint decision to be made by the vote of all active members, in a timely and dignified manner. Let the forum decide, you may find that those accused of racial insults and slurs are not as guilty as their accusers would like them to appear.

Unban the banned let's get on with what this forum is all about .. being creative in one of the most versatile mediums in the world!

Again, MHO, and if you don't agree, it didn't cost you anything.

Bob

Rodger - I didn't get the impression that your panties were in a wedge  ;D  I would like to think that I saw what your original post intended, and that was just to simply (and light heartedly) point out the views that many have and to just kind of get everyone to loosen up a bit .... I could be totally wrong, but that's how I chose to see it.

Sorry FM if this is a boring thread, but then again, I think some of the stuff in the off-topic section got boring after all the bantering that was happening in Jen's (innocent) VP Pick thread.

Hmm... I think it's Jen's fault for stirring up all this trouble with her thread!!! justkidding.gif You know I don't blame you thumbs.gif

I don't see any harm with this particular thread. No one has been hurt or been horribly flamed. I think the important question to be asking is, "Is the support in the other bulletin boards on this forum suffering because of this one?" If the answer is "no," than I would not worry about it.

That's just my 2c.gif

DOOH!! I get it now. I must be kind of slow. thanks Haumana for spelling it out for me.

All I can say is it wasn't me who started the VP thread (thankfully for once) .....LOL

Rodger... I don't have any beef with you, and I don't recall us disagreeing on anything in the past. I typically get along with just about anybody with my laid back/don't sweat the small stuff attitude. I just care for "games" or politics on the forum.

It kinda seems like this forum has been in a funk for the last 2 or 3 weeks... I'm not sure what events have taken place to put it in this kinda mood setting or if even other members feel the same sense? Nevertheless... this place has helped me out a ton when I first started, and I'd like to pass on the knowledge to others just entering the decal industry.

FYI... I believe Wild was talking about Tykite and himself. And I will be one of the first to say that BOTH of them have assisted me to a great deal in the past... and furthermore, some may not agree, but this forum HAS lost 2 great, helpful members!  :-

TYkite had a huge chip on his shoulder towards the last and was never missing an opportunity to Bash US Cutter or its products.Some people didn't like it,he didn't like it that THEY didn't like it. He wasn't forced off,he left on his own. I asked him not to,as did others.

As for Wild...I missed whatever it was that made him take his marbles and leave. But leave he did...he was gone before I even knew about it.

They were both helpful contributors to the forum...and have gone elsewhere to be helpful.

All I can say is it wasn't me who started the VP thread (thankfully for once) .....LOL

E kala mai! My apologies!! I soo thought you started this thread ... although I don't know why it didn't dawn on me that you didn't  ... hello??? no where near Alaska??? fish.gif

I think the humidity here is getting to me  :-