Sign in to follow this  
mastertec

PCut Reboot Issue

Hi All!

I purchased a PCut from a few months ago from USCutter. An unusual problem showed up last night. I had the unit offline and was going to advance the vinyl when the display on the PCut showed a reboot. No problem I thought, I just reset the unit by turning it off and on. Same thing occurred. The motor will attempt to advance the vinyl about a quarter of an inch before rebooting. The unusual part of all this is that the unit still cuts normally. I can move the cutter head back and forth and I can move vinyl back into the machine, just can't advance it out without rebooting. Any ideas?

When you press the down arrow to advance the material, the platen moves about one rotation and stop. When you release the down arrow, the unit reboots, comes up and says PCUT and does its memory checksum test. All other buttons function normally in movement. Any ideas?

Control panel, cable, or motherboard issue. Maybe the cable from the control panel to the MB is loose, sliced, etc.

Ken,

I think I figured it out. The reset button on the control panel and the down arrow button must be on the key matrix. On a whim, I pressed the reset button itself. After rebooting, normal operation of the down arrow was restored. Maybe the reset button was leaking a little on the touchpad and confusing the CPU? Anyhow, operation is normal right now. I'll monitor and let you know. Thanks for the response.

Yea, very possible the button was stuck down a bit causing this. Glad it was an easy fix.

;D